Aldi's gift cards? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Aldi's gift cards?

Last post May 23, 2011 5:00 PM by cooknchic . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Aldi's gift cards?

Does Aldi's sell gift cards?  I looked online and didn't see the option to buy one there.  There is one in my area, but fairly far from where I live now, so it isn't convenient to just pop in and see if they have them.  I want to get one for my sister, and if I know they sell them, I can stop when I'm up that way.  I know there are some Aldi shoppers that are here, so thought I'd ask before I make an unnecessary trip.

False

• Re: Aldi's gift cards?

No, they are strictly DEBIT CARD or CASH ONLY.   Although, I did read somewhere they were CONSIDERING beginning to accept credit cards in certain locations.  Bet they never do.

False

Marilyn

Thanks, Marilyn ~  I did google the question too, and found some stores sell paper gift certificates, so I wonder if it's a regional thing.  I live in a different state, so I guess I wouldn't get a paper one here and mail it to her just in case it's not accepted at her store.

False

I'll be at Aldi's in the next few days and will ask specifics for you.  I hit their stores a couple of times a week.

False

Marilyn

Oh, thank you, Marilyn!  That's really nice of you!  I appreciate it :)

False

Every Christmas we get a gift certificate [paper]from frienrds for Aldi`s.

Rosie

False

Rosie, are those friends in the same area as you are?  I'm wondering if they are only good regionally.

Thanks for the info!

Amy

False

Sorry Amy,forgot to say our friends are in central N.Y and we`re in wny.

Wasn`t much help was I ?

I just took it for granted that you could buy them at all  Aldi`s Hope you can.

Rosie

False

Thanks, Rosie ~ they may be available for all stores.  I will just have to further investigate :)

appreciate your help.

False

I just inquired at my store in the Kansas City area yesterday and was told YES, they do sell gift certificates.  When I asked if they were honored NATIONWIDE, the girl's response was, "Yes, I THINK they are."   Hmmmm.....took that as a qualified "yes."  My suggestion is, since it is your sister, why not try it and if she CAN'T redeem it, have her send it back and use it yourself and replace her gift with something different.

False

Marilyn

Thanks, Marilyn ~ I appreciate you remembering to ask.  That is probably just what I'll do; get one and use it myself if she can't use it!

False