What does it mean when your finger tips are numb? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What does it mean when your finger tips are numb?

Last post Jul 28, 2004 7:09 AM by Bonzo22wi . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • What does it mean when your finger tips are numb?
    It started about a week ago. I still have feeling in my fingertips, it is just that they have a little bit of numbness to them. (They feel like they are starting to fall asleep). I also have had a very bad ache in my shoulder and is hard to sleep at night on that side.

Could I have a nerve in my shoulder that might be pinching to give me the numbness in my fingertips?
    False

Everything is okay in the end, if it's not okay, then it's not the end.

• RE: What does it mean when your finger tips are numb?
    A pinched nerve would be my guess. Might be time for a visit to the chiropractor.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

what side???
    False

my thought also...
    False

my left side
    False

I would ask a bonafide doctor, heart's on the left side, and some people don't have heart attacks, but they have an ache on the left side. I remember Henry Kissenger had those symtons years ago, and his wife made him go to the doctor, and they were able to fix him up just fine.
    False
    I think it's a pinched nerve.
    False
    Go to a doctor ASAP. You're having classic symptoms of a silent heart attack. You don't need to panic and go to the ER, but you certainly should get that checked out right away. It could be something simple, like a pinched nerve, or an electrolyte deficiency, but women often do not have the symptoms usually associated with heart attack (chest pain, for instance) Often, numbness in the left hand, arm, or jaw is the only symptom. Please go to your doctor.
    False
    Definitely have it checked out---I have a pinched nerve in my neck, and the doctor said that if the numbness is in the third, fourth and fifth fingers only, that indicates the pinched nerve---but if it is all of your fingers, could be that, or something more serious---better to be safe than sorry!!!
    False
    The numbness is in all my fingertips except the pinkie.
    False

Scooter I have degenerative disc disease in my neck with a could of disc that protrude. I'm restricted (suppose to be anyway) to no more than 15 minutes per hour on the computer. I know you're doing alot of graphics now so I'd say it's probably your neck. Watch your posturing while sitting, use a wrist support (the gel ones are great) and see if that helps.
    False
    It could be blockage in your carotid artery's in your neck. That is how my problem started. After they got "reamed" out I had no more problem. That is until they become blocked again. Good Luck
    False