Fruit Salad with Peach Pie Filling | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Fruit Salad with Peach Pie Filling

Last post Mar 26, 2012 12:14 PM by movnspeechGA . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • Fruit Salad with Peach Pie Filling
    Has anyone had this salad and is it good? Found this recipe in a Light and Tasty magazine and am anxious to try it because of the unusual peach pie filling being added. Want to know if you have had this before and what you thought of it. Here is the recipe.

1 20 oz can of pineapple chunks drained.
    1 11 oz can of mandarin oranges drained.
    1 bottle of maraschino cherries drained.
    2 firm bananas sliced.
    1 can of peach pie filling.

You mix this together and then sprinkle sliced almonds on top.

Curious as to how it will taste. Beverly
    False
  • RE: Fruit Salad with Peach Pie Filling
    Sounds pretty good. I would throw some coconut in there too.
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    I had a friend make one very similar recently, only she used apple pie filling. It was very good. Any other fruits could be used in the salad, too, such as melon balls, etc.
    False
    I, my mom and my sister all make this salad for various occasions or just to have at home. Yes, it is very good. My mom and sister add coconut when they make it. I don't--I'm not a fan of coconut. I like it because if there is any left, if stays in the frig well and can be eaten the next day also.

Try it, I think you'll enjoy it.
    False
    We make this all the time and change the fruits. We have used kiwi, strawberries, apples, peaches, pears and grapes. We have also used cherry pie filling in place of the peach.
    It really is good and keeps well for days.
    I do soak the bananas and apples in the pineapple juice to prevent browning of the fruit.

Gail
    False
    My mom has made it many times and it is now part of my recipe box. We really like it.
    False
    I have made it several times and it is excellent. I always get raves when I serve it to company.
    False
    Thank you all for the comments. I have the ingredients and will be making it for the shower on Sunday. I received several recipes for different salads and they all looked good. Glad to hear that you have all tried something similar or this recipe. I think I may leave out the coconut because even though I like it, some people don't. Thanks again. Beverly
    False
    I just made a variation on this for supper last night. I used fresh strawberries, red grapes, and green grapes. My family loves it. The canned fruits would be nice for the winter season when fresh fruits aren't as plentiful in variety.
    False
    Going thru, er, um, my stacks of recipes... came across this one... I have got to make it!!!! Have it hanging on the fridge to make soon!!!

Thanks for the recipe!

Hugs,
    ♥Marcia
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/

False
    I have a recipe almost identical that I have that my DM made years ago. The only difference is that she always used apricot pie filling. I use to take it to church buffets etc and never brought any home. And have given out the recipe many times. So I am sure the Peach will be just as good.
    False
    Ok... I didn't have the cherries.. and I had to use fresh Honeywell oranges, but this is definitely a keeper. The peach pie filling makes a wonderful binder and it lends itself to variations!! Make it you won't be sorry.

♥Marcia

Thanks Bebberly for the recipe!!!
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/

• Re: Fruit Salad with Peach Pie Filling

I have made this rescipe on several occasions, without the cherries. I added sliced grapes. Peach pie filling gives it a unique taste (no one will guess what gives it flavor).

False
  • Re: Fruit Salad with Peach Pie Filling

Thanks for the recipe. We have fresh fruits with most big family meals. But would never have thought to bind together with pie filling.  Sounds scrumptious.

False