I need ideas for pink snacks for DGD's first birthday party | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

I need ideas for pink snacks for DGD's first birthday party

Last post Sep 30, 2011 9:07 PM by akfishergirl . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • I need ideas for pink snacks for DGD's first birthday party

My DGD will be turning a year old in a few weeks and DD is looking for pink snack ideas for the party.  I have come up with pink (strawberry) Chex cereal and pink Cheerios (strawberry) to make a bowl kinda like a trail mix, and thought of making Rice Krispie Treats with a drop of red food coloring.  I also thought of pink lemonade and/or raspberry Ginger Ale for drinks.  Please share any other ideas you might have -

Her baby theme has been  pink and brown polka dots and cupcakes.

False
  • Re: I need ideas for pink snacks for DGD's first birthday party

Sounds good to me so far lol. You could also put a little cherry flavoring in the marshmallow so that you'd have strawberry, cherry and raspberry flavored stuff for those that don't like one or the other or even have strawberry allergies. I think you can order pink and white m&m's (without the hearts or valentine's sayings) from the M&M web site. In fact, you can get them printed with Happy Birthday or her name.

False

Sounds like tons of fun!  How about pink cupcakes with pink icing and strawberry ice cream.  Little pink frosted sugar cookies or little pink donut holes.  You can also die coconut pink for decorating and I think you can  buy pink marshmallows.  A really good drink is cream soda with milk in it to make it pink and a scoop of ice cream.

Have fun!

Molly

False

Koolaid punch...http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/kool-ade-punch/detail.aspx  there are flavors you can make to look pink.

Strawberry bagels with strawberry cream cheese

Strawberry cheesecake dip or strawberry cheesecake

Pink cupcakes or pink tinted cookies

Pink snowball cakes

jello dessert turned pink with pink tinted whipped cream.

There is a wide range of candy that is pink in color. Lollipops, gumballs, gum, jelly beans, the list goes on.

Pink ice cream

cotton candy

You can tint popcorn pink.. Put food coloring in with the oil and popcorn and let it pop.

Take vanilla pudding and tint it to turn pink. You can enjoy it this way or freeze it for ice cream pops.

You can find flavored ice even turned pink colored and flavored.

You can take a white bread dough and tint it pink and then bake it. Then use the bread for sandwhiches.

Strawberry milk        strawberry milkshakes

Tint dip pink and just use your normal chips and vegetables.

Tint your dough and make pigs in the blanket.

False

Thanks, it's sounding good already!  the party will be from 3 -5 and there will be adults, too so we do need some heavy snacks.  I thought about cream cheese and pineapple mixed with a little red food coloring for tea sandwiches - and I do like the idea of pink pigs in the blanket!

maybe some pink jello "fluff" salad - keep those pink ideas coming!

my DD also suggested I looked at "pink for breast cancer" websites.  Has anyone seen any pink candies?

False

You could mix some sour cream with salsa for a pink dip - something savory to counter all that sugar! 

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Biscuits tinted pink with country ham (or any filling)

Pretzels dipped in melted white chocolate that has been tinted pink - sort of a compromise between the sweet and salty options!

False

sstetzel

You could mix some sour cream with salsa for a pink dip - something savory to counter all that sugar! 

One of my very favorites from college but we used cream cheese instead of sour cream.  So good and it would have a lovely pink hue for the party theme.

False

Pink cupcakes with red or pink sprinkles, for sure. :)

I have been craving some of those pink coconut cakes at Walmart. UH!!! I keep passing them up.

False

catmint

They do make strawberry/pink colored marshmallows. For the adults, you could simply decorate white cupcakes and top with pink icing and use pink sprinkles, pink M&M's, or pink Jelly bellies.

False

Rebecca

Pink Cake In A Jar

False

one of  my favorite "pink" foods is cream cheese mixed with chopped marachino cherries and a few drops of the juice to pink it up and make finger sandwiches... (my kids loved these for tea parties!)

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-