What to do with old thick fabric softner | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do with old thick fabric softner

Last post Jul 30, 2004 3:04 PM by two4tea_MN . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • What to do with old thick fabric softner
    Got some fabric softner that is really thick and I hate to throw it out. Is there anything I can use it for? I don't have any wallpaper to strip either.

Gail
    False
  • RE: What to do with old thick fabric softner
    Yes, use the softener on used dryer sheets over and over. I know a girl who swears by this and has saved a lot of money. Now if it doesn't smell good, pass on this advice. LOL
    False
    That sounds like a good idea...or just add some water to it, and shake it up really good.
    False
    I would think you could just dilute it with hot water and it should be fine.
    False
    Clean hard water stains from windows. Cover the stain with full-strength Downy Fabric Softener, wait ten minutes, then rinse with a damp cloth.

Clean glass and Plexiglas tabletops. Mix one capful of Downy Fabric Softener in a gallon of water in a plastic bucket, and sponge the tabletops with this lint-free cleanser

Clean soap scum from shower doors. Mix one capful of Downy Fabric Softener with a quart of warm water in a plastic bucket, and use a clean cloth to wipe the shower doors clean.

Eliminate static shock on carpets. Mix one capful of Downy Fabric Softener into a spray bottle filled with water, and spray the carpets.

Use as cream rinse for your hair. If you're out of cream rinse, use a drop of Downy Fabric Softener in your final rinse.

False
    pour some boiling water in the jug to thin it out.
    False

Rebecca

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Especially you Kimdacook!!!

Gail
    False