Need another towel poem | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need another towel poem

Last post Dec 06, 2011 3:28 PM by whiteflower_pa . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Need another towel poem

I need another towel poem other than the Christmas story one I just used that says "At first glance, one looks,etc."  I am looking for the one I found recently and have misplaced it...imagine that at this busy season... anyway you could use a roll of paper towel ,  it said something like wiping your tears, happy ways etc. . It was only 4-6 lines.  Maybe a poem. Bought the towels and now can't find the poem (?) .  I even printed it out but can't find it.  Can you help me?  

If you have other neat idea gifts of any sort I would love it since I have several socials to go to and maybe take a hostess gift.  Simple and inexpensive.

thanks so much

el

False
  • Re: Need another towel poem

At first glance, one looks at a kitchen towel and thinks, "Wow! A towel! I needed a new one," or Wow! A towel! The old ones are getting stained and worn. But have we ever stopped to think that for years, even thousands of years, the towel has not just been used in the kitchen, but for a variety of reasons?

Take, for example, the mother who wipes the tears of a little child to soothe the physical and emotional hurt;
    The physician who binds the wound of a bleeding patient;
    The woman in her home wiping hands as she moves from task to task;
    The weary traveler who wipes his sweated brow.

Notwithstanding all of the above examples, perhaps the most significant use of the towel was about 2,000 years ago when our loving Jesus took an ordinary towel in his hands and dried the feet of his disciples only hours before his crucifixion. Sure, the towel is a handy item with a myriad of uses, but it also has deep symbolic meaning when seen in the hands of the Savior during a work of kindness for his fellowmen.

So, take this towel, knowing it is given with love, and do works of goodness with it, as the Savior worked with His so many years ago.

False

This poem is given with a paper towel or a real towel

May the Absorbing

Spirit of the Season

Blot out the Problems

Soak up the Sorrows!!

Wipe Away difficulties

and Make Your Holidays!!

be SHINING! and BRIGHT!

False

Since you are looking for other cute things to make for the holidays..

take a whisk...fill the inside  with  Hershey's kisses and hugs..wrap clear wrap on the outside to help hold things tight and wrap a ribbon with the following poem on a card..

Attatch this poem

We Wish (whisk) you a Merry Chris(kisses)tmas and a Happy New Year! Hugs and Kisses then your name...

False

Find a empty box or take a piece of wood and paint it up pretty and put a bow on it. You can even add a magnet to the back of the pretty box.

Here is the poem to attatch

This is a very special gift
    that you can never see
    the reason its so special
    it comes to you from me
    whenever you are lonely or even feeling blue
    you only have to hold this gift
    and know i think of you
    you never can unwrap it
    please leave the ribbon tied
    u only have to hold this gift
    its filled with love inside

False

If you can lean, you can clean.    

False

"She was not what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."

Mark Twain