Can you freeze crabmeat | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can you freeze crabmeat

Last post Aug 02, 2004 6:39 AM by cherryblossomOhio . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Can you freeze crabmeat
    I jsut got a large tray of imitation crabmeat at Sam's and the teenagers are not going to eat crab salad every day until it's gone. Can you freeze crabmeat? This is the first time I've ever bought it. thanks
    False
  • RE: Can you freeze crabmeat
    I know the real thing freezes well. The imatation is fish based and should freeze. Worth a try , better than letting it go bad.
    False
    You sure can freeze crabmeat. And I guess you could freeze fake crabmeat too; it's a form of flaked fish. I think the main thing is to find out if it has been frozen before. If so, refreezing can make it less tasty and more watery.
    False
    yes, we always freeze fresh or fake crab meat, I put in freezer container and pour a can of pet milk over it and freeze. When ready to use just thaw and squeese milk out, keeps real well for me.
    False
    Yes you can!
    False
    Yes...
    False
    We always freeze some for later. :-)
    False

Where I work we have frozen crabmeat, so I guess you can. Don't know how thoug.
    False
    I have frozen the imitation crab meat with no problems.
    Laura
    False
    I freeze the phony stuff all the time since I'm the only one here who likes it - I do find that I have to squeeze the moisture out of it after it is thawed, other than that it is a good as the day it was bought. I usually cut the package in to thirds and rebag in to ziploc bags.
    False
    I've been freezing the imitation crabmeat for a long time and I leave it in the original packaging. I freeze a lot of food even though the package says not to. I freeze butter and sliced cheese.

Cherryblossom OH
    False