Tried and true recipe for home made fruit/nut filled Easter eggs? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Tried and true recipe for home made fruit/nut filled Easter eggs?

Last post Feb 27, 2012 2:05 PM by MountainMan . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Tried and true recipe for home made fruit/nut filled Easter eggs?

DH has been telling me about these, how much he likes them, but we can't find them anywhere. They have the white nugaty filling with bits of fruit and nuts inside. Do you have a tried and true recipe that you make? I've googled but who knows if those recipes are any good...lol Any help would be appreciated as I would like to surprise dh with some this Easter.

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

• Re: Tried and true recipe for home made fruit/nut filled Easter eggs?
    Oooo! I remember eating this type when I was a kid. I hope someone posts a recipe. I may have to make some too. I usually make 3 kinds-peanut butter, coconut and choc. chip cookie dough.
    False

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

Here's a recipe my mother-in-law used to make every Easter.  It's a very old recipe.

Easter Eggs

3 lbs. confectioners sugar

1 cup hot mashed potatoes

2 tbsps. butter,soft

1 tsp. vanilla

I cup shredded coconut

1 cup chopped nuts

1 cup candies fruits (chopped)

Knead well all ingredients and shape into eggs.  Set aside on trays or cookie sheets covered with waxed paper and allow to "ripen" for several days.  Either dip into melted sweet chocolate or dribble melted chocolated over each egg.  Yields about 15 eggs.

False

No recipe, but here's a really good place to order Fruit and Nut candy eggs. Whenever I'm in Illinois I stop at the Fannie May Candy shops. They have excellent candies.

http://www.fanniemay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productName=assorted-cream-eggs&catalogId=12302&storeId=20052&productId=3000003695&categoryId=400011982&parent_category_rn=400011982&searchCategory=&searchKeywords=&top_category=&cmCat=400011982

False