Easter Egg Hunt Canceled Because of Aggressive Parents | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Easter Egg Hunt Canceled Because of Aggressive Parents

Last post Mar 27, 2012 11:29 AM by Lady Fingers . 28 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) 12
  • Re: Easter Egg Hunt Canceled Because of Aggressive Parents

I've never taken my kids to one of those, we always had Easter Egg hunts at home,.

But, from what I read sometimes, those cute little eggs can have a really nice prize in them.  If that is so, then the parents are going to go nutty. The greedy ones, anyway.

If you just put a piece of candy in them, probably they wouldn't show up. I miss coloring eggs with my kids. Big Smile

False

catmint

Catmint_WV_49F
    I miss coloring eggs with my kids.

Why not do it?

I went to an adult Christmas party one time and the host brought out a whole bunch of old time kids toys.  Pick-up-sticks, jacks, little racing cars, jack-in-the-box, bubbles, clay, coloring books and crayons, etc.   It was one of the most meaningful holiday parties I've ever attended!  I can't tell you how much fun we had! 

Catmint, just do it!!   You're never too old to have fun or color eggs! 

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

My Dad used to color eggs for the Veterans at the Veterans Hospital. I'm not sure he still does it, but, I could help him! 

I read that they are suppose to drop eggs from a helicopter here somewhere. There will be actually raining eggs!

False

catmint

This reminds me. I could never find eggs.  One year there were two of us who didn't find any.  There was a "booby" prize for the kid who found the fewest eggs.  Of course they never expected two of us so they drew straws.  Guess who lost. Sad.  It didn't scar me for life.  I still can't find eggs.  I just don't understand parents who ruin a good thing for kids.  

One year here at the annual egg hunt one of the people boiling eggs boiled one dozen twice and the other dozen not at all.  Kids got raw dyed eggs.  LOL

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

I did this one year and I'm doing it again this year.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Catmint_WV_49F
    I read that they are suppose to drop eggs from a helicopter here somewhere. There will be actually raining eggs!

The unsaid things attached to this are astounding.  I mean, Les Nesman HAS to be involved in this, right?  Who in hello thinks this is a good idea???

False

I don't often get asked to define irony, but when I do, I always say,

"Why, yes.  Yes, I AM a Field Editor for Taste of Home."

Prof, as always, your creations look fantastic!  I love that you have fun with food!

Dogg and I dye eggs every year.  It's a hoot!  In the middle of the night we go hide half of them on the neighbor's lawn, and whoever gets up first hides the rest in the house for the late sleeper.   I can't imagine NOT coloring eggs! 

False

I don't often get asked to define irony, but when I do, I always say,

"Why, yes.  Yes, I AM a Field Editor for Taste of Home."

This year I'll put the "green" under the eggs.  They were a hit with everyone here.  I agree about dying eggs.  I love to dye them and I'll dye a few even if it's just me here.

False

Math is fun!

If eggs fell from the sky that would seem truly weird! @@

I have been to many egg hunts and have even helped with a few and Ido not ever recall parents interfering or wrecking it for the kids!  That is so rude and inmature and childish.  JMO

Molly  

False

Seems like a couple years ago, they had a stink at Ritter Park where I use to walk. I think they had some pretty good prizes, though, like I said.

False

catmint

some of the local churches have egg hunts for the public & the offer prizes like new bikes etc. donated by local businesses. One is so large they put out 10,000 eggs. 2 areas for different ages & it's a zoo to watch but the parents don't go with the kids or onto the field. the eggs are just laying on the ground for the kids to get. most have candy but the grand prize is usually 2 new gas grills donated by Lowes & HOme depot. the family that wins bikes or grills are not allowed to win again in the next years so the church takes their photo & names.

False

cast_iron_king

The unsaid things attached to this are astounding.  I mean, Les Nesman HAS to be involved in this, right?  Who in hello thinks this is a good idea???

"With God as my witness, I swore turkeys could fly"

False

sam7561
    but the grand prize is usually 2 new gas grills donated by Lowes & HOme depot. the family that wins bikes or grills

That explains the selfish and greedy parents!  These egg hunts don't have anything to do with kids having fun.  They have to do with gas grills, bikes, Home Depot and Loews!  Who knew?  Although, I should have known. Sad

Silly me.  Here I'm thinking egg hunts are about kids having fun finding pretty colored eggs.  When I say egg I mean the kind that came from a chicken.  Embarrassed

Remember:  Keep Greed  In Easter!

AP,  those are too pretty to eat.  But, if I had to I eat one or two.  lol.

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

I think you are right, Widdle.  If the prizes are adult prizes, or expensive enough to entice adults, then the challenge should be an adult challenge.  Geocaching, I figure, is the adult version of an Easter Egg hunt.

Funny thing, though.  We who do geocaching don't win fabulous prizes.  We follow a simple "take a thing; leave a thing" policy, so the "prize" for finding a cache is generally something like a hotwheels car, a waterproof pen, or, in special cases, a numbered token which we're suposed to leave at the next cache sight we find.

False

A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.