1940 Census.... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

1940 Census....

Last post Apr 02, 2012 10:23 PM by Lynn1018 . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • 1940 Census....

Anyone looked around at this site?  Found anything interesting about your family?  Should be easy for me since I know names, the address & county I want to find but so far, I've just been going in circles.

http://www.archives.gov/research/census/1940/

False
  • Re: 1940 Census....

I just heard this on the news and was going to search for the web site. Thanks, Lynn, for posting it.  Should be interesting (at least, to me).

Carolyn

False

I've been trying to get on the site, but I think it's working overtime about now. Do you know how much information you need? I have names, towns and counties, but not physical addresses. Everyone had a PO box back then.

False
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

crabbyappleton....sorry, I'm not sure exactly what information you'll need.  Our local news implied that you had to know the county your family would of been in.  I found the correct county but then nothing I clicked on was helpful.  I can imagine the site's going to be busy...been on the local & national news tonight.

False

Lynn1018

crabbyappleton....sorry, I'm not sure exactly what information you'll need.  Our local news implied that you had to know the county your family would of been in.  I found the correct county but then nothing I clicked on was helpful.  I can imagine the site's going to be busy...been on the local & national news tonight.

Thanks, Lynn. I guess I'll keep trying when I have time. Eventually things should settle down!

False
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You do not need a street address..Just a town and state will bring up the names you are looking for. I have been working there much of the day and have had no trouble logging on..Just keep trying..

False

rrdgrnr - I know the street address, town, county & names....my family's been in the same house since the early 1800's.  They tell me the names I'm looking up don't exist...even trying various spellings.  I found my state on the left hand side, clicked, found the county & then got no where.

False