FLYLADY NOV 12-NOV. 18 | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

FLYLADY NOV 12-NOV. 18

Last post Nov 18, 2012 1:45 PM by free68 . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • FLYLADY NOV 12-NOV. 18

This week we are in the bathroom...start at the ceiling and on down.  today clean the vent or the light...get on a ladder to do so.

Tuesday...clean light switches, etc

Wed.  clean your counter.

Thurs...replace old cosmetics, meds, etc

Friday...do the floor.

We are leaving for Iowa on Wed.  so...back to cool weather.

cookie, I don't know about your cookies...do you use butter?  seems as though I once read a shortening will produce a not so flat cookie....bet they tasted good anyway.

Linda, at least your bil acknowledges when he receives something!

today...have several little jobs to do, nothing major....well, yes, I do need to do the HB.  I play bridge this afternoon and invited out tonight for dinner!

False
  • Re: FLYLADY NOV 12-NOV. 18

Good morning everyone.

Thanks Alphy for opening and posting the missions.  It sounds like you have a nice day planned.  Enjoy!

Cookie - I saw the chocolate chip cookie poet.  Try adding 1/4 cup flour to the batter.  Alphy's suggestion about butter might also work.  

Linda - Hope things improve for your BIL.  It doesn't sound like he will be getting back with his wife but you never know, you know.  Nothing is going to change if he is there for every little thing she needs.  She will just keep turning on him.

Things are going well here.  Going to get up to about 70 degrees today and rain tomorrow.  I have errands to run today.  Tue. and Thur. DH has his therapy sessions and I'll be taking him to work after.  

Better get going.  Have a wonderful day.

Dori

False

Hi,

I got up this morning and was a dusting of snow on the ground. Went and swept it off the steps and part of the drive and hope the rest will melt. But brrr it is cold out, so it might not. 

Am doing the HB now or trying to...Smile.Turned up heat another degree coz I'm freezing. Got sweets on and am still chilled. It's 24, checked the temp on puter.  

Dh said his cold weather gear needs cleaning so have another load to do. But he has to have it.

A lot of the relatives r chatting to me on facebook, or at least I had 12 comments when I was on earlier. I don't know what's going on but it's nice to hear from them. 

Better get back to the laundry and HB. Hope everyone is keeping warm, Big Smile.

Linda

False

Hi,

Been getting the kitchen ready for Thanksgiving. Couldn't believe the fan and how dirty it was, anyway now it's clean and I changed the summer mode to winter mode or at least I hope I did. Yes

I've cleaned the window also ready to put up plastic on the window for the winter. going to do #1's window also, it really gets cold in there during the winter...

Went thru a cupboard and got rid of some stuff. The box is just about full for GW.

I found the post on the 5th page, gosh is everyone aok??

broke a tooth Mon. eating tacos, yesterday worked on it for over 2 hrs. Tom. am going back for a checkup, some more fun...Lol

Better go for now and finish up window. Take care, Big Smile

Linda

False

Hi,

Am up early, have another dentist  appt. again, cleaning this time. Jaw still hurts a bit, so I'll mention it...

Dd's bf came last night and stayed over, g she was w him all weekend and he took off last week. I'd get sick of looking or having him around. Don't know what I'm going to do when dh retires?? Wink

Toasting some eggo's for dgs for breakfast, he seems to like them...so I make them w jelly, Yes.

Am going to continue getting the kitchen ready for next week today also. Hope can get everything done...

Better go for now and get going, hope everyone is doing good, take care, Big Smile.

Linda 

False

Hi everyone.

Last time I was on I couldn't find this thread.  Thanks Linda.  I now see why it  must have been buried pretty deep.  

I'm trying to get the house ready for company on Thanksgiving.  SIL usually does the holidays but this year she has had shoulder surgery, an injury to her thumb and she is limited in how much she can use it.  Also Cataract surgery on one eye, had a bad reaction to the drops post surgery and now is breaking out with shingles.  The Dr. gave her some meds that help keep the shingles under control.  last time she had them it lasted almost 2 full years.  SIL is getting the nerve pain but not the rash.  Hope it works for her.

This cat we have is crazy.  When I got back home today I left the front door open.  I was going out again to get the rest of my stuff in the house.  There was Suzie, sitting in our dining room looking at the storm door.  I picked her up and talked to her about the door being a big window.  She wouldn't let me get her near that door.  Actually, every time she gets near that door she has gone to the doctors and I think she must remember shots, temp. check, and surgery.  I don't have to worry much about her running away.  LOL

Better go.  DH will be home soon.

Have a great evening.

Dori 

False

Good Morning!

Yeah, Dori, it looks like you won't need to worry about your kitty slipping out if she's frightened of the door!  Our Maggie used to be an escape artist when she belonged to CB.  She used to give him such frights, he would be so upset when she was outside.  She's only done it once since we've had her.  DH didn't notice her slip out one summer morning when he stepped out onto the deck to cover the grill.  DD and I found her out sleeping on the deck hours later!

Crazy news this week with all the Petreus stuff.  Every day you hear still more.  Can't imagine what it would be like for your personal failings to be all over the news!

DD is coming home tonight on the bus.  She's peeved that we didn't make the trip to go down and pick her up.  I hope she will get over her snit and enjoy her break from school.  She gets the whole week off school for Thanksgiving.

Hope Alphy has a safe trip home for the holidays, looking forward to seeing her back.

Better get my lunch thrown together.  One of the buyers told me a supplier is bringing in some bagels this morning.  Looking forward to that.  I never get bagels. 

Everyone have a good day!

False
     Cookie

Hi everyone,

Good to see u Dori and cookie, it was lonely, Smile.

Gosh almost 12, I've been on the puter since around 9 this morning...after dgs went to school I guess...

I've tried to get dressed and did get my underwear, lol.

Got my teeth cleaned and checked, No more decay anyway. Dh's co. that he works for gives him 20 dollars worth of turkey every year so went and go it for next week. 

Dd was making pumpkin pie for some reason or another and took the kitchen over and when dh came home I said let's go out, I couldn't start supper so we went to Baker's Square, for supper. At least the fish will be thawed for supper tonight, lol. I like fish a couple times a week.

cookie, I get a yen for bagels once in awhile, so I buy them and cream cheese also. Good once in awhile. Have them for breakfast for a week or 2 than I get sick of them, a month or 2 later I buy them again.

Dh came in the hse. this morning saying his pu wouldn't start so he took my car. He thinks it's his battery so he will stop and get one on his way home for work. G, am glad we have 2 cars.

Am sitting hear eating raspberries, I guess it'll be my lunch. Had a good sale on them, so of course had to buy them yesterday, luckily I shopped for groceries after I was done at the dentist...

Better go for now and get off the puter and get something done. I'm also trying to clean kitchen also. 

Take care, Big Smile.

Linda

False

Hi everyone.

Not much new here.  I did get to a meeting this afternoon.  Our Christmas sale is on for 12/1 and we will get things set up and priced for the sale on 11/26.  I have to get some recipes together for what i'm going to bake for the sale.  Still have Christmas shopping...  Ugh!  To much to think about.  I have to get through Thanksgiving day first.

Linda - I know what you mean.  I can get on the puter and forget to check the clock.  Now I have a small timer and I set it for 20 mins or so and when it rings I have to finish my post and get moving.  Good deal on the turkey.

Cookie - I didn't remember you took CB's cat when he died.  When you mentioned it in your post it all came back to me.  He's a lucky little fur baby.  Do you feel owned by him yet?  

Gotta go get the laundry up and dinner started.  No, the alarm didn't go off yet but I want to stop in at the Rose Room.  

Have a great weekend.  Yes

Dori

False

Hi,

coookie, r getting along w CB's kitty???? zzzzzzzzz My cats know when I should get up and feed them, drives me nuts. Thy're laying on me till I get up and feed them, lol.

Not much going on here. Am just taking it easy....

Dh went out for a walk and dd is showering for tonight, I guess...

Take care, Big Smile.

Linda

False

Hi everyone,

Had to laugh this morning, cats usually get me up to feed them, but this morning got up late, wondered out to the kitchen and the cat food was tipped on it's side and open. No wonder I woke up about 7-8 this morning, lol...

Dh got up my kitchen curtains that I washed and ironed, looks better. Now to finish up kitchen for Thursday.

Dd and I got into it, she don't pay any rent, I babysit dgs, and what does she do??? Nothing, doesn't help around here at all and I guess I'm fed up or just in one of those moods yesterday, anyway I blew up...maybe due to being at the dentist 2 times this week, may have been thoughts have been bugging me and I just blew...she might not be here thurs....whine, whine...now that I got that out of me...

Don't know yet that #1 is going to be here or not, can't get ahold of him. got his email and he don't acknowledge that either...hope alphy got back to IA aok...

Better go for now and get busy w something, it's 49 and sunny so it's relatively nice and do something today. Have a great day. Big Smile.

Linda

False