Hostess Brands Closing for good | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Hostess Brands Closing for good

Last post Nov 18, 2012 10:21 AM by Catmint_WV_49F . 29 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) 12
  • Re: Hostess Brands Closing for good

WF, thank you for posting the truth! 

It makes me sad and a little mad at how fast the public (regular working people) are willing to turn on and blame other working people (unions) and say it's all their fault. 

As if the workers, who depend on their jobs to feed and house their families, are the greedy ones and the CEO's are all poor little innocents just trying to survive. 

I don't get it.  I honestly just don't get it. 

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

You would think that after the education we all got about Bain, we would understand what is going on, but there are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

The executives bled the company until it was dry and then blamed the lowly workers. Now, they can shut it down, sell off everything and put even more money in their pockets while hanging the workers out to dry.  And don't even get me started on the Pappa John's owner. I suggest all of you whom blame the workers to grab a gander of his holdings and properties.

False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

whiteflower_pa
    but there are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

YesYes

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

Crying I wonder if hubby would mind if I bought a freezer to stockpile Ho Ho's. Stick out tongue

False

whiteflower_pa
    You would think that after the education we all got about Bain, we would understand what is going on, but there are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Thats such a lame expression ! Please have you not kept up on the US economy and this company? They've been in a freefall. A person can see many reasons why they have decided to call it a night. The Economy, the junk food and high prices they charged for it. Wages,perks,everyones ,from the lowly stock boy to the jerk who runs the place. 

Many many things went into why this is happening. We have companies going under here in Mi. The ECONOMY  it's taking it's tow. We have so many companies down sizing trying to keep places open. 

I just feel badly for those who will be out of work in this economy.

False

pc66
    Thats such a lame expression !

Wink

False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

carrotop_f
    the way its been said on tv, it is due to the election and there are a lot of companys doing it or talking about it.

Are you watching FOX?  Cuz I watched it on the local news, NBC and CNN and nothing about the election was mentioned.  They have been in financial trouble for a long time.

False

GmawMary
    They have been in financial trouble for a long time.

I thought I heard quite a while back they were in financial trouble. 

False

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."

I buy my bird bread in the Hostess Thrift Store in town.

When I first moved here and started going to their thrift store they had loaves and loaves of expired bread they gave away to people who fed the birds.  You could have as many loaves as you could carry.  lol.

Then a few years ago they started to put between 6 and 8 loafs of expired bread in one plastic bag and that bag would cost a dollar.   Still a good deal.   Now there's between 4 and 5 loaves in the bag and it's $2.00 a bag.  

I guess they can sell expired bread as long as they tell you it's not for human consumption. 

False

Their products are pure crap, but I will miss the pure crap of the occasional sno-ball!  Oh that pink coconut topping and sugar blast to the brain...so sorry for all the jobs that are being lost.

False
     Click for Sun City, Arizona Forecast

Oh man...I used to love these, but haven't had one in a LONG time.  Guess I'd better go buy one...oh and I want it this big too!!

False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

just read that 2 bakery companies are interested in purchasing the Hostess name...and 1 company name always makes me LAUGH  Bimbo...they are a Mexican Bases Bakery Company...they own Entamens etc....but when I see their trucks I just LAUGH.....so I have a feeling we will all still be able to get our twinkie or sno-ball fix....no matter our political views...and maybe we all need some sugar....

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

of course you will. but just rmember that it was the bain mind set that  caused this. they he bled the company dry and now they are tossing it to whoever will buy it they ceo's made their money. and don't tell me it had been going under for ages. it was a planned to make it go under and break the union and run with the profits.  a bain tatic all the way.

False

I agree with Brat,,,I don't care for the twinkies, but, I love the snowballs. I don't buy them often, they are kind of high in price,,but, that Orange Halloween ones really catch my eye.

I hope if someone buys them out, they do keep the same recipe. I don't like Little Debbie, the chocolate is just too fakey tasting.

False

catmint

What is going on with Papa Johns?   Other than the silliness of people sueing because they got texted by a business in early mornings a few several times.  

I like Papa Johns pizza better than anyones.

False

catmint