Need help on frozen meatballs | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need help on frozen meatballs

Last post Nov 17, 2012 4:47 PM by enjoynature . 29 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 12
  • Need help on frozen meatballs
    I am making Italian beef Sandwiches for Christmas Eve. I also want to make a batch of BBQ meatballs. Has anyone bought frozen meatballs that were good? like from Costco or any brand name? What is your favorite sauce to put on them? Thanks much..
    False
  • Re: Need help on frozen meatballs

I always buy the "Armour" brand and everyone always raves about them.  I like the jar of chili sauce and jar of grape jelly for the sauce.  Sometimes I would sub a can of cranberry sauce for the grape jelly too.  Havent made them in ages though.

False
    Witty Whitney!

I have bought Costco  MANY  times,  especially for the Holidays.  I use them as an appetizer. 

! bottle of Chili Sauce,   1 Can of Cranberry Sauce jell,  and some Whisc sauce.   Mix all up and cook in a crockpot.  They go fast  !!  I'am doing these for JB's  Kung Fu Christmas party.

Cassie

False

Barbara Anne

If you want it spicy, my Mom had a Jezebel Sauce she used for dipping.  I can hunt it up for you.

False

“Always ask questions.  It’s more important to stay interested than interesting.”  Jane Fonda 

OH! ZAkons! I had to lol. I was searching for my T & T cranberry meatball recipe that I knew years ago, I posted here.. And here in my search I found where  you had posted it to someone else with my name in 2008. 

Anyways here is my tried and true recipe.  

Cranberry Meatballs.

Make your meatballs like you normally would with whatever recipe you have. But make sure there baked or fried or you can buy the frozen kind already made up. These meatballs are a party favorite. Which I get asked many times for the recipe. IT's a family tradtion on Christmas Eve, when family is gathering, and all the food is pick up and put on your plate and  use your hands or a fork to be enjoyed at the party.

Place the meatballs in a bowl.

In a separate bowl combine

l lb. cranberry sauce, jellied or whole berry

l/3 cup ketchup

2 Tbsp. brown sugar

12 oz. chili sauce

l Tbsp lemon juice.

Blend together.

Then stir in the meatballs to coat.

Place meatballs and sauce in the slowcooker and

bake for l hour or more depending on how many meatballs. The more the meatballs the more the sauce you will need.

You can do this in a covered roaster at 350 in the oven. Just watch timing and make certain you have enough sauce to keep the meatballs moist. Bake it long enough to have the meatballs hot in side.

I have found that meatballs have changed their flavor on the market. We do not have a Costco's. But I have found that Sam's makes good flavored meatballs. A couple of the other groceries stores we have does not match Sam's premade meatballs. BUT!!! The best meatballs are homemade. I have found that I make a big patch ahead of time and bake them . Then I  freeze the meatballs. Then  I remove the meatballs from the freezer,  to use with whatever I am preparing that I need them for a meal or a party. 

False

Somebody recommended the meatballs from GFS to me. I tried them, made the cranberry/chili sauce barbequed meatballs, and they went over quite well. I know you're not too far from me. I went to the GFS store by Fox Valley Mall. I suspect there is one closer to you though.

False

frozen meatballs...NO WAY....to much added crap...make your own...and then freeze them for later...

I buy a large package of 4% ground beef and add in finely minced onions, 1 or 2 eggs, breadcrumbs and parsley and cracked pepper....combine well and form into meatballs..place on a jelly roll pan and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes...remove and place on paper towels to drain...then place in a freezer bag with cool and freeze..

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

I buy either Amour or Rich's. Rarely to I bother making my own.

False

I am printing this post off as it has wonderful recipes and where to buy. Thank you.

False

Cassiebabe_Calif

! bottle of Chili Sauce,   1 Can of Cranberry Sauce jell,  and some Whisc sauce.   Mix all up and cook in a crockpot.  They go fast  !!  I'am doing these for JB's  Kung Fu Christmas party.

Cassie

Hey Cassie, sounds good.  Just wondering if the "Whisc"  is Worcestershire  sauce or whiskey.  I mean I know Whiskey isn't kid friendly but hey after it is cooked it might be OK, right?

False

Whiskey quiets the kidlets down some...I know I used it all the time for your birthday party meatballs.

Wink

False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

Whiskey helps strength your Kung Fu powers too!  At least it would for me ;)

False

False

I don't often get asked to define irony, but when I do, I always say,

"Why, yes.  Yes, I AM a Field Editor for Taste of Home."

cast_iron_king

LOL!  Everyone wonders how Santa burns those cookie calories . . .

False
    Cracking me up !!!! I was wondering if it was whiskey also. Ironic we just came from the Costco just now out by Fox Valley.. They only had some meatballs by the chunk cheese.. They sounded awful spicy.. Maybe in December they will have more frozen meatballs. Couldn't find frozen meatballs or microwave popcorn at all. I prefer not to make my own. I do have a Mr. Food meatball with coke recipe that is good. I just want a good tasting meatball and prefer to bake them. Like the first recipe posted too..Hee Hee. Believe it or not I never heard of GFS before. I had to Google it. None around Wheaton, I don't think. Is it like a whole foods??? I want some zip to the meatballs, but not too spicy, with kids and touchy tummies of a couple adults.. Thanks for the posts and chuckles.
    False