Do you have your menu made for Thanksgiving? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you have your menu made for Thanksgiving?

Last post Nov 17, 2012 2:23 AM by enjoynature . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Do you have your menu made for Thanksgiving?

I guess I am last minute cooking. Nothing flashy and no crowd like the days of old. Which will be so nice. Just a small small gathering.

Turkey

homemade sausage cranberry stuffing

gravy

mash potato's ---enough cooked so some can  later be turned into potato candy

pumpkin pie for some people and I haven't made up my mind what other dessert to make. Maybe rhubarb peach pie comes to my mind. Wonder if I have any rhubarb in the freezer?

Still working out the details on making my mind up to what else I want to fix.

I know I don't want sweet potato casserole, cranberry salad and green bean mushroom casserole. Like it. But not everyone will eat it, and I don't want those leftover.

What about you?

False
  • Re: Do you have your menu made for Thanksgiving?

turkey breast

faux turkey for oldest

gravy, turkey and a vegan portabella mushroom

mashed potatoes (vegan friendly)

dressing (vf)

cranberries

green bean casserole (vf)

corn

rolls (vf)

mini pumpkin pie and cherry pies...using real crust but baked in a muffin pan...portion control!!!!

Marie Callendar pecan pie for youngest daughter and husband....NO portion control....lol

apple cranberry crisp (vf) for oldest daughter and youngest grandson, both do not like pie for some ODD reason

I think that about covers everyone....if not then they can have toast...

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Shelley... had to chuckle at the comment they can have toast. I can relate! I hate when you have to cook for everyones taste and no one can just be on the same page on what they will eat. Instead of the cook feeling like they are running a restaurant to suit everyone.  I like your muffin  idea for pie. I seen the other day in my travels where one of the starbucks had their muffin like treats wrapped in paper decorative on the side. I had never seen anything like that before. I would like to try making the individual pies in a jelly jar someday. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

False

OH, I do love this holiday!

Turkey

Mashed potatoes and gravy

sweet potatoes

cranberries

green bean casserole

apple salad

green salad

rolls

pumpkin pie(s)

I have a new recipe for the turkey, gravy and sweet potatoes that I have tried and given the go-ahead to make again.

False
     Click for Sun City, Arizona Forecast

enjoynature
    potato candy

Umm...what is that?

False
    Photobucketsm peace Photobucket

the jelly/jam jar pies are all the rage on Pinterest!!!!  along with pies in muffin pans....that is where I got the idea...and I figure that way I can nibble on pumpkin and cherry...lol

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Pretty much the same thing I make every year. Turkey, ham, sweet fruit salad, sour fruit salad, brown beans, taters and or stuffing, coupla pies, cornbread, and maybe some deviled eggs...

Since MIL and dh are both stubborn oink-headed people I believe it will just be us this year! Thank God my house will not stink of cigarettes this year.

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

BlueDenim_MI

enjoynature
    potato candy

Umm...what is that?

Believe it or not there is a candy you can make using mashed potatoes! I have a recipe or two but I've never made it.

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

Turkey

Sweet potato casserole

Mashed potatoes

Homemade noodles

Potao salad

Cherry Cool whip salad

Oyster dressing

Green beans with onion and bacon

rolls

relish dish

homemade pecan pie and pumpkin pie

Daughters will bring a side dish and dessert and my sister will bring a salad

False

Plan in place, usually make the same menu. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy. Corn.  Green bean casserole. Cranberry salad. Rolls and butter and jam. Relish tray. Deviled eggs. Pumpkin pie and topping.
    Usually make sweet potatoes with the marshmallows etc but this year will be baked sweet potatoes. I also have sugar cookies made and in the freezer. I feel like I have done this a hundred times but I still love it!

False

I love Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday. 

Menu: turkey breast, ham, dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole (hubby's request), creamed corn, sweet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, collards, pecan pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and homemade whipped topping for the pies. Yum!

False

Potato candy goes back to the Irish heritage. I will find a recipe and post it separately in another post.

False