We got our first snow last night!!!!!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

We got our first snow last night!!!!!!

Last post Dec 11, 2012 7:38 PM by farm diva . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • We got our first snow last night!!!!!!

We didn't get much. Just enough to cover the ground, but it was enough to make me happy. It's still barely coming down, but I don't think any more will accumulate.

False
  • Re: We got our first snow last night!!!!!!

It's still coming down here...not snowing hard, though. We'll probably end up with an inch or two at the most.

False

I don't get why that makes you happy, but heck, what do I know, I live in Florida. ParadiseCool

False

We got about 6 inches last night and our temperature has gone up to the low 20's.  Quite a relief from the below zero temps we had for the last couple of weeks.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

Alaska_Prof

We got about 6 inches last night and our temperature has gone up to the low 20's.  Quite a relief from the below zero temps we had for the last couple of weeks.

We're at 35 degrees, and the snow is almost all melted already Sad Oh well. It was nice to have even if only for a few hours.
    MountainMan - I guess being born and raised in Iowa, it's just in my blood.
    False

It's snowing now.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Alaska_Prof

It's snowing now.

It stopped here a long time ago.
    We're down to 31 degrees now. That went down quick - 4 degrees in less than an hour.
    False

When I went to bed it wasn't snowing. Sometime during the night it started and it is STILL falling. Must be close to a foot of the stuff. Please, don't tell me that you want this stuff so bad. What we have now will be in the same spots till at least March. I name some snow banks they are around so long.

False

Alby

Please, don't tell me that you want this stuff so bad.

I love it! 

False

i'd like to see a little snow   just for memories.  something new in this area...2nd year, they have ice skating at a rink in Daytona Beach...  uffortunately, i never could ice skate,,,weak ankles...lol

mountain man...general location in Florida??...we are between Daytona Beach and Orlando.  Paradise  Paradise

False

mrsmarkdave

Alby

Please, don't tell me that you want this stuff so bad.

I love it! 

Me TOOO!!!!!  I love snow!  Winter without snow is dark and dreary!  A fresh coating of snow brightens everything up, makes everything look clean.  Snow reflects the light from the moon and stars making the nights bright.

How could you not love it? LOL

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

We are supposed to get "Lake Effect" snow here today.  

False
    Witty Whitney!

sstetzel
    Winter without snow is dark and dreary!  A fresh coating of snow brightens everything up, makes everything look clean.  Snow reflects the light from the moon and stars making the nights bright.

I agree.  It also makes it easier to see the moose.

False

Math is fun!

sstetzel

How could you not love it? LOL

I agree. I admit, there have been some winters that I've been sick to death of it by March, but that's only when we get a LOT and constantly.
    False

Sunday, the 9th, got 15 inches of snow, just got plowed out last nite. Sure makes my outdoor decorations look pretty, but alot of snow to walk in to feed the outside cat and birds.

False