What is the average size of a 3 month old kitten? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What is the average size of a 3 month old kitten?

Last post Sep 02, 2004 1:35 PM by Bride_of_Cow . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • What is the average size of a 3 month old kitten?
    The house kitten we have is over 5 lbs and is as big as our 5 year old outside cat. Puddin' eats ScienceDiet food with the occassional cat treats. Is this a sign he will be hugh? DD wanted a pet and I thought a nice little housecat would be okay. Now I'm afraid I have half mountain lion! LOL
    False
  • RE: What is the average size of a 3 month old kitten?
    Hi Homestyle, Are you sure of the age of the kitten? Can you check the teeth and see if they are sharp little baby teeth or duller adult teeth. Kittens lose their sharp baby teeth at around 5 months old. It might help if you can use the teeth as a guide.
    False
    Still has the sharp baby teeth and just three months ago this little kitten would could sit in the palm of your hand. We found him at the pound and I knew by just one look if we didn't take him he wouldn't live passed the week. He has had all check ups and shots and is growing like crazy. The vet said is he a good cat, very laid back and so loving! He might be part ragdoll as he is three color mostly white with blue eyes. And to be a calico male is rare as most are females. He is a happy cat and the whole family is attached to him so big or bigger he is here to stay.
    False
    I think you've got yourself a biggun there. Our Patchi is 5 months and 4 pounds, and the vet thinks she's growing fast.

Temujin, our Siamese, was the smallest kitten at the petstore when he got him, but he really wanted to be big. He's 14 pounds now and walks like John Wayne.
    False