How early is too early to call someone and how late is... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How early is too early to call someone and how late is...

Last post Oct 11, 2004 8:26 PM by hferris . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • How early is too early to call someone and how late is...
    ...too late?

Twice w/in the last week we've received phone calls (that could have waited) during the 7am hour. Both calls were for "nice" reasons...but neither were necessary. On the other hand I'm a true night owl. I don't mind receiving phone calls in the 10pm hour if they're from certain people, even just to chat.

But I feel that generally speaking, if it's not urgent or important for me to know before I begin "my day", please call me between 9am & 9pm. So, I'm just curious...

generally speaking when do you think it's too early and too late to call someone?
    False
  • RE: How early is too early to call someone and how late is...
    Please don't call here before 8am and after 8:30pm

I only expect 911 calls before and after that time. You'll really STRESS ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    False
    HE IS MY SUNSHINE.. MY ONLY SUNSHINE HE MAKES ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY HE'LL NEVER KNOW JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM!!!!!
    I'm with you LaRay, 9 to 9 works for me.
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    Since we are up with the sun we get a lot of calls before most people would like them. But they are usually for my husband. I think a call past 7 pm is to late for us because kids are in bed a 7pm and stephen and I are off to bed at 8pm.
    False
    You can call me anytime between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. If its during the week, you can even call me before 7 a.m.; but, please not after 9 p.m.
    False
    For me personally I don't want calls till at least 10am, but you can call me at night till 11pm I'm like you, a night owl & I don't like early am calls, not in the mood to talk to anyone!

Patty
    False
    Unless it's urgent, I don't call before 9 a.m. on weekdays and 11ish a.m. on weekends. At night I don't phone after 9.30 p.m. - any night, unless it's urgent.
    False
    If I don't know the person well, I wouldn't call after 9:30pm. In the morning, I normally wouldn't call before I go to work, partly because I know how hard it is to get everyone out the door in the morning without an unexpected phone call, so I would say 9am, unless I know I need to get them before they also go to work, because I try not to call people at work if not absolutely necessary.

There are certain people I know I could call early or late and we have friends who know it is never a problem to call us up until at least 11pm and that works for us.
    False
    I only call people when I know they might not be busy. With the exception of my Mom who gets up really early so I call her at 6 AM to talk for half hour or more. I never call people after 9 PM. I myself do not mind getting calls anytime during the day as late as 10 or later.
    False
    i'm usually out the door and off to work by 6:30 am, so you'll get the machine during the week. in the evenings, nothing much after 9:30 since i'm up at 5:15. YAWN
    False
    i'm usually out the door and off to work by 6:30 am, so you'll get the machine during the week. in the evenings, nothing much after 9:30 since i'm up at 5:15. YAWN
    False
    If you are calling someone during the weekend and they are not working nothing before 10 am. During the week , I prefer to call them at work. LOL. For the evening, it all depends on if they have kids or work on shifts. Anything after 8:30pm is late. If you have kids anything after 7:30pm is late. Especially if they call during bath time. My family know not to call between 7 and 8 pm. and not later than 9 pm. My sister (single) called once at 11:30 pm on a thursday.... I was not impressed. I told her so, she basically woke myself and Dh .
    Hope this helps.
    J.
    False
    9am not after 8:30pm not unless I know it's needed ahead of time.
    False
    9am and 9pm
    False
    I don't call anyone before 8 am or after 8 pm unless it's urgent...in our house I don't answer the phone if it rings after 8 pm..the answering machine is always on so if it's a call I need to return I can do so.

I also don't phone during lunch or supper time and we don't answer phone calls during those times either.

Heather
    False