Does that daily shower spray cleaner work? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Does that daily shower spray cleaner work?

Last post Nov 10, 2004 8:08 AM by MARMA_SC_F . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Does that daily shower spray cleaner work?
    I've always just cleaned the shower the old-fashioned way, but after giving it a good cleaning yesterday, I was wondering if those daily sprays really do keep it clean. Do they keep the soap scum and water stains from building up? Are they worth the money?
    False
  • RE: Does that daily shower spray cleaner work?
    are they still around???? I haven't seen any for acouple of years...we use a squeegie after every shower, we have glass walls...
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

MIL uses it at the beach house and loves it...(you know lots of sun tan oil,sand etc)

when i had the other new house we built....my cleaning lady Hmmmm (thinking about every 3-4 months)used car wax.....and windex in between
    False
    i used it for awhile and it seemed to help. just couldn't remember to use it every time. plus, one more thing in the tub to knock off onto your foot. lol
    i just get in there and scrub away the old-fashioned way with all those cleansers. the toxic fumes about kill me in that enclosed space. cough, gag! :)
    False
    superglide- those fumes are worse then the old Olglvie perm fumes!!!!!
    lol
    False
    man I remember when my mom and aunt and grandma would all give each other perms.....whew...what a smell..
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

I remember those old perms, too. I would usually cry when my mom got finished with my hair and I saw myself in the mirror!

The cleaner fumes are awful in the shower, too. We just have a shower enclosure (no tub) and it gets pretty bad with those strong cleansers. We have horribly hard water, too, so that doesn't help.
    False
    I have a fiberglass and glass shower and after using the hand-held sprayer to rinse the walls, we spray it with Clean Shower, which is still around. There are several brands, but I think the original works best. It is definitely worth the money because I almost NEVER have to clean the shower.

For the past three weeks, I have been away and my DH promised to use the stuff (he usually forgets), but he did it and when I came home, I did NOT have to clean the shower! Hallelujah!

If ever there is a tiny bit of soap scum on the glass, I just use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and in 60 seconds, it's clean.

So, yes, I certainly do recommend shower sprays! Works on plastic shower curtain liners too (I have that in another bathroom), as well as tile.
    False
    janeydear- i have hard water too- i wont use the softener cause i think it makes my big redneck hair flat- :)lol

i use CLR that works miricales with hard water stains
    False
    I use it every day, It does work but remember to wipe the fixtures. Ann
    False
    I have used Clean Shower since it first came out, and I literally never have to clean my shower. The Tilex brand, which is carried by Costco/Sams at times, is good too. It does not have an odor.
    False
    Periodically (maybe twice a year)I clean the glass door of our shower with a Dobie (has netting on it) sponge and Neutrogena Shampoo - the kind you use for shampoo buildup in your hair. I keep a small squeegee in the shower and after every shower, we use it on the door and it keeps it very clean. It only takes a few seconds but saves a lot of work.
    False
    Click for Cape Coral, Florida Forecast
    I stopped using bar soap and switched to shower gel for showers and tub baths. It does not leave the soap scum that you get with bar soap.
    False