What would you pack for a Romantic Weekend? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What would you pack for a Romantic Weekend?

Last post Nov 15, 2004 12:39 PM by honeydipt2000 . 44 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 123
  • What would you pack for a Romantic Weekend?
    I'm going away on a mini vacation/romanitc weekend! Starting TOMORROW!!
    I've got to pack tonight and was trying to figure out what to pack. I'm a simple country girl who has never gone away for a weekend with a BF or anyone special. I'm a little reserved... sorta. I was in the Navy but not a typical sterotype Navy girl... although with my DD you can tell I'm not innocent. Digging a good deep hole here huh?

So what would you pack? Be Honest!!!
    I't's chilly weather/beach place.
    So far what I've got is... Warm comfy clothes, a nice coat, sweaters, jeans, comfy shoes, a nice outfit/shoes for dinner, sexy bra/panties, makeup bag, lotion, perfume, hairdryer, brush/comb, D.O., razor, shampoo/cond, bathgel, jewelery, socks. That covers the basics..... (what am I forgetting?)

But my friend is like don't forget tea candles, matches and oil. I'd be nervous and sorta bashful? about putting out candles and lighting them. Like what is he thinking about me and how I am... if I'm lighting candles and is it a good thing? LOL Silly me huh? no?

Now for "romantic" what would you bring? I want to see what others do or would do and maybe find a few things I could do without being too bashful. Or is it necessary at all? Oh he's a bit sentimental and romantic.

To clue you I'm not the type to do a stip tease... but the candles would be romantic just not sure about actually bringing them and lighting them...

False
  • RE: What would you pack for a Romantic Weekend?
    Done laughing at me? Good! Now seriously... this guy is soooo special to me and I really want to have a romantic weekend... I've lacked romance in my life. I'm a dreamer, as a child had my head in the clouds about romance and fairy tales but as a tomboy kept it to myself. Forget the fairy tales, too old for them but how about some romance! LOL Already it's so great to be comfy around him, cuddle with him and talk to him like I haven't with BF ever before. I'm being myself but showing more of ME than ever with BF's.

I feel kinda dumb talking about this...
    but don't know anyone else who would be much help.
    False
    Don't forget a camera. That way you can have someone take your picture together--a nice reminder of your mini-vacation once you get back.
    False
    nickey, keep it simple. romance kinda just happens, sorta.

some planning is good. the candles are a very nice touch.

I've never had the pleasure of having a long weekend either. but i did do a dinner last summer for bf and it was perfect.

oh don't forget WINE, nothing spells romance like wine!
    False
    jeans
    nice dress (or skirt so you can change the look with say a blouse,sweater....
    dress slacks
    i say keep every thing simple and have fun..
    False
    I have to ask a really personal question before I answer yours.....is this your first time with him?

Ok forget it.

Assuming it IS......I would just take a really nice, simple but sexy nightie. Not red or black...maybe white but lacy or pink. No oils, no whipped cream. Be natural.

If it isn't the first time....well, then girl, go for the red or black and bring on the whipped cream and maybe some good lotion and give the guy a back rub!!!

And candles are good for either situation!!!! But don't put them anywhere you might "roll" into!!!LOl!!!
    False
    A bikini, and a bottle of at least half-decent champagne.
    False
    Nicky, forget I asked that. Sorry.

Just pick whichever fits best!
    False
    i hear (my lips are sealed on where i heard this) but i hear Cool Whip is always a great idea......
    False
    Redi-whip.....comes in a can and you can make designs with it.

Ooooops!
    False
    LOL......
    False
    Oh Nicky, you are not mad at me are you?????

I have to go now, but please accept my apologies.

I check in with you tomorrow.
    False
    My Dh. :o)
    False
    How about having a nice inroom picnic

Bring cheese,crackers,wine,fruit a nice blanket candles and wine glasses from home.
    Candles are nice and if your "bashfil about lighting them leave them out with a clicker and he'lll take the clue...

HAVE A GOOD TIME

False
    HE IS MY SUNSHINE.. MY ONLY SUNSHINE HE MAKES ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY HE'LL NEVER KNOW JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM!!!!!
    Romantic..
    candles in a spicey scent-which is more erotic(and votive cups or something to set them on!) matches--he'll probably light them for you
    THIS IS NOT too over the top..it just gives a romantic feel to the room..set them a ways off from where you are --then you get shadows.

Soft music and player

massage oil--not flavored--you don't have to get wild with it..but a back rub with a little massage oil is very romantic or even a foot rub....

chocolates that are rich, creamy

a bottle of wine and two glasses

grapes, strawberries, stemmed cherries

for the bath...a little bubble bath..just be careful not to put much into the whirlpool..it expands WOW...just a scant capful is plenty.

Body lotion for when you get out in a scent you find sensuous--it will make you feel silky.(of course a razor!!)

How about writing a few little heart shaped notes that say nice things like why you care, what is special about him, etc hand him one when you leave, when you get there, out at dinner, etc...

you have sexy bra/panties for under your clothes on your dinner out...how about a thong and scoop bra for later or a sexy nightie...they can be modest but very ##!##

Good luck....

WE'll expect the results on MOnday!! LOL

False