ISO: Great American Home Baking recipe sheets | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Great American Home Baking recipe sheets

Last post Apr 19, 2013 12:03 PM by debbiestrz . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • ISO: Great American Home Baking recipe sheets
    several years ago i received in the mail a packet of "Great American Home Baking" recipes printed on fairly heavy duty 3-hole punched
    8-1/2 x 11 inch paper. In upper right corner of sheet is printed Card 13--so i am assuming cards were numbered according to desserts, main dishes, vegetables etc. I never purchased these cards at the time and could kick myself now. The recipes are terrific. I do not know if they are printed any more but I sure would like to find more from this series. thank U
    False
  • RE: ISO: Great American Home Baking recipe sheets
    I have this book. Don't remember if I completed the whole thing or not but I have lots and I mean lots of recipes in it. Great American Home Baking was published by International Masters Publishers AB according to what is printed on the side of the cards. You may want to try to find an address for that particular publisher to find if it is still in print. Is there a particular recipe you need?

Susan
    False
    After further looking at the book, one of the cards has this message - If you would like to collect more recipes, please contact: Great American Home Baking, Four Gateway Center, 444 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (800)390-1430

There are some 700 recipes in the series, so, NO, I have not completed the book!! If I remember correctly, the card packet they would send was about 6.00 and had, mayber, 8 or so cards in it. So, you can figure this would be a costly book if filled.

Susan
    False
    bump for wishonastar
    False
    bump for wishonastar
    False
    thanks for the reply. i have been busy with DH's health problems. Will check out this phone number and see what they have to offer.
    False
    the card sheets are no longer available. Sigh Sigh - that's the way it goes.
    False
    I know this is an old post, but I can not find my chicken pot pie recipe out of these cards ANYWHERE!!
    Does anyone have these recipes still, and does anyone have the chicken pot pie recipe to share with me, please??
    For several days now I have been looking for that recipe to make it.
    It has heavy cream or whipping cream, chicken, wine and mushrooms in the recipe and a from scratch crust.
    The best recipe ever!
    I add lot's of veggies to it though, like carrots, peas, corn, and green beans.
    False
    whoo hooo!!
    Okay I found my recipe!
    Turns out I posted that recipe a While back ago here on tase of home.

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=478672&catnum=

Or you can look in the seach under my name and the second or third page it says:
    Okay here is that recipe I promised.

Oh I am so happy now!
    False
  • Re: RE: ISO: Great American Home Baking recipe sheets

Hello Susan, my name as you see by my handle is Troy, I'm desperately searching for a recipe that I have misplaced from Great American Home Baking. If you could help i would be forever at your debt!!! It's in the cake section #35 Caramel-Nut Cupcakes...i need it for this weekend. Any help would be so great!!!

False

If you have it, will you please post the Easy Tiramisu recipe?

I had this series of cards but lost them in a move in 2005.  I've been trying to replicate it from memory with limited success.

Thank you!

False
    Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} I didn't see an "Easy Tiramisu" recipe, but found one for Espresso Tiramisu, which follows.

Espresso Tiramisu

Flavored with espresso and brandy, this dessert lives up to its name Italian for `pick-me-up."

Makes 12 servings

1       cup cake flour

1/2    teaspoon baking powder

1/4     teaspoon salt

4       large eggs, separated

3/4    cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar

2       tablespoons brandy or water

1/2    teaspoon grated lemon zest

Pinch of instant espresso powder

Syrup

1/4     cup water

3       tablespoons granulated sugar

Filling

2 packages (8 ounces each)

cream cheese, softened

1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

1 1/2 cups heavy cream

2       tablespoons brandy or water

1       tablespoon instant espresso

powder

Garnish

Unsweetened cocoa powder

1 Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Dust with flour; tap out excess.

2 Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.

3 Beat egg yolks and 3/4 cup of sugar at medium speed until thick and lemon colored. Beat in brandy, lemon zest, and espresso powder until well combined.

4 Using clean beaters, beat egg whites at high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff, but not dry, peaks form. Alternately fold flour mixture and egg whites into yolk mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan.

5 Bake cake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 minutes. Transfer pan

to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool cake completely.

6 Invert cake onto a serving plate. Using a serrated knife, cut cake horizontally in half.

7 To prepare syrup, in a saucepan, bring water and

sugar to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Brush syrup over cut sides of cake layers.

8 To prepare filling, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar at medium speed until creamy. Beat in heavy cream, brandy, and espresso powder until thick and well combined.

9 Spread one-third of filling over syrup on 1 cake layer. Top with remaining layer, syrup-side down. Spread remaining filling over top and sides of cake. Dust with cocoa powder. Chill until ready to serve.

30 minutes preparation, 30 minutes baking

Great American Home Baking
    False

Hello!

I recently was on vacation and returned home to find a pack of these cards in the mail. I don't know if you'd still be interested as I know the original post in regards to these was a number of years ago, but this is the contact information on the sheets I was shipped.

In the US please call (877) 627-2853 or go to www.imponline.com

In Canada please call (800) 978-9915 or go to www.imponline.ca

Hope somebody finds it useful.

False
  • Re: ISO: Great American Home Baking recipe sheets

the web ad that i found is http://offers.imponline.com/great-american-home-baking/     hope this helps

False
    okay i'm pretty sure no one even checks this anymore, but just in case-- I am in DESPERATE need of the chocolate cheesecake recipe from the book for this weekend. Does anyone have this??
    False