Gifts in a Jar...Pictures. :) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Gifts in a Jar...Pictures. :)

Last post Dec 01, 2008 12:22 PM by mateusrose . 72 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 5 (73 items) 12345
  • Gifts in a Jar...Pictures. :)
    I made some gifts in a jar for Christmas. I made Holiday Bean Soup, Cranberry Pecan Crunch Cookies and White Christmas Candy Bars...I made the Cranberry Pecan Crunch Cookies and they were awesome!!!

False
  • RE: Gifts in a Jar...Pictures. :)
    Hey....you did good, they really look nice...

Doe.
    False
    Those look great! Fabulous job!

donnac
    False

I made these last night, and made 6 more this morning. The cookies are sooooo good. I'll post the ingredients and recipe. :)

Cranberry Pecan Crunch Cookie Mix

2/3 cup Sweetened, dried cranberries
    1/2 cup chopped pecans
    1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    1 cup bisquick
    1/2 cup light brown sugar
    1 cup biscuick

Layer ingredients in a wide mouth canning jar in the order given. Pack each layer before adding the next.
    CONT...
    False
    On the card...

1 Jar Cranberry Pecan Crunch Cookie Mix
    1/2 cup butter
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl cream the butter, egg and vanilla. Add the cookie mix and stir until blended. Shape into one inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are a light brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.

False
    These are great, almost too pretty to use!! Lucky people on your gift list!!!!
    LisaFaye
    False
    Really sounds good, am going to have to try them.
    How many you sending me... lol.
    False
    These look beautiful NC.
    Ponca Gal
    False
    Hey....where's mine? I'll take one of each! LOL They look great! I am planning on doing a basket of jar gifts for my office. These look so pretty, you have me eager to try mine. ~Cari
    False
    Thanks, Navy, those look great. You did a lovely job! I love making the gifts in a jar.
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner

Those look so good!! I am going to be some this year for the 1st time. I can't wait.
    False
    Stupid question, maybe, but where did you get the jars? Just save them over the course of the year? Or do you buy them? thanks

donnac
    False
    Stupid question, maybe, but where did you get the jars? Just save them over the course of the year? Or do you buy them? thanks

donnac
    False
    I bought the jars at Meijers, 12 for 7 bucks. You can get them at Walmart, or any grocery store (I'm pretty sure.)

They were so much fun to make! :) I'm going to try the bean soup tomorrow. I don't like giving them away without trying the recipes first. (BTW-I ate too many cookies and my tum tum hurts) LOL
    False
    You did a very nice job. I made just one jar last year to give it a try--a cookie mix recipe. THis was one of my presents to a close friend. She loved it. I will make some more this year. You gave me the incentive. I also bought a book at the local Walden Books with recipes that can be photocopied to tie onto the jar.
    False