Just how big do Ground Moles get, anyway? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Just how big do Ground Moles get, anyway?

Last post Jul 07, 2011 3:58 PM by leigha52 . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Just how big do Ground Moles get, anyway?
    I was covering up some wood before it rained, and out came HUGE Ground mole waddling from under the wood. LOL

The cats bring them in, but small ones. I tell you, this one was about 5 inches long, and a FATTY. It was so cute. He was looking for someplace to hide.
    False

catmint

• RE: Just how big do Ground Moles get, anyway?
    False

catmint

Catmint, i don't know how big they get, but i sure whish they would leave my yard LOL! they tunnel all over my yard, even under the lights i have at my walkway, they went under them and the lights just came right up out of the ground, whole yard and they have to uproot my lights LOL! my cats does a good job of catching them too, yet can't keep them out of the yard.
    False
    I have no clue but I do know they are wrecking our lawn! I haven't seen one , only their tunnels and little dirt hills.
    False
    Click for Cape Coral, Florida Forecast
    I haven't seen any alive, but I'd say about large rat sized.
    False
    Catmint, I have seen some that were as big as a rat. We have alot of problems with digging up our yard. How do you get rid of them? I have heard that if you place a small radio into one of their holes & turn the volume up really loud, that they will leave. Does that really work?
    False
    try moth balls...drop them down the holes..oh, and chewing gum..they love it but can't digest it and it kills them...sounds like fatty wood eat a whole pack!!!
    False

Ours are small like a mouse.. Sure you don't have a rat ?
    False
    Sissy6
    No, sissy, It is a ground mole. When it popped out from the tarp, I screamed, thought it was a rat.

I know they do damage, but he was too cute to kill. Just couldn't do it. LOL

It is the yard by the creek, only place I really have problems. But they will probably come on up into the big yard.

The agriculture man around here on TV gave a way to control them, but can't remember what he said. I know someone will call in to find out before long though.
    False

catmint

The radio thing does not work believe me and I even had a few radios going at the same time.

False