Do cats kill squirrels? We have several stray cats that come into our yard and.... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do cats kill squirrels? We have several stray cats that come into our yard and....

Last post Apr 01, 2005 11:04 AM by malkimus . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • Do cats kill squirrels? We have several stray cats that come into our yard and....
    they stalk and chase the squirrels! DH says the cats are quite capable of killing the squirrels and I'm thinking no way!
    What do you think?
    Molly
    False
  • RE: Do cats kill squirrels? We have several stray cats that come into our yard and....
    Yup!

Our neighbor's cat brings one home to her mommy and daddy every now and then. She stands at the back door waiting for them to let her in with her "supper" for the family!
    False
  • RE: Do cats kill squirrels? We have several stray cats that come into our yard and....
    Yes, I do believe it's possible.
    False
    Good grief! As fast and feisty as the squirrels are I just wouldn't have believed it possible!
    Hum...
    Molly
    False
    yes they sure do.. we have some outside cats and they have caught a couple
    False

Photobucket Click for Shawnee Mission, Kansas Forecast

i wish the stray cats would kill the rabbits in my yard. :(
    False
    superglide! I get upset with the bunnies when they chew off my flowers! They used to come everyday for the salad buffet now we don't see as many! The squirrels are just so entertaining! We have a feeder right out side our sun porch window and they are tons of fun to watch.
    Molly
    False
    If you have a pet that likes to chase squirrels, be sure your pet is up-to-date on its rabies shots.
    False
    i'd rather have the squirrels and rabbits in my yard than the stray cats. the cats have finally learned the back yard is off limits thanks to the doberman that chases them but they still hang out under the house, on top of the carport and on the front steps.
    False

grr! dang rabbits. i've been trying to get a bridal wreath bush started in the back yard, and every winter they chew it off.
    *wink* i DO have a pellet gun. LOL and i'm annie oakley with it.
    we put a rabbit guard fence around the vegetable garden. it was a lot of work, but it keeps out the bunnies. the squirrels jump right over it, though. LOL
    False
    geeze soop, i had dh take the chainsaw and cut down all the bridal veil around here. can't stand the stuff too scraggly looking. the azaleas are next.
    False

we only have one bush way in the back. i had to beg dh for it. LOL i have a dwarf one in the front yard. i guess it reminds me of growing up. we had a whole row of them next to the house. i think they're pretty.
    False
    Everyone...watch out for FOOTSIE if you see her coming with a big old chain saw! LOL
    Molly
    False
    lol hubby's worse. i had to stop him last spring. he was about to trim the hydrangea just before they bloomed. didn't catch him in time the year before lol.
    False

i'm not adverse to chain saws and round-up. they come in handy sometimes. LOL
    my dh thinks i get too handy with the hedge clippers when i trim stuff back in the spring.
    i already hacked down the spirea, sage, sibrerian iris, butterfly bushes, etc. in the front. look out! the back yard is next!
    False