CAn you tell me what to use to write on ribbon? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

CAn you tell me what to use to write on ribbon?

Last post Apr 04, 2005 4:55 PM by Catmint_WV_49F . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • CAn you tell me what to use to write on ribbon?
    For the cemetery vases, want to put names on a ribbon, of the deceased, and then hot glue it to the flowers. Hopeing to deter any thieves.

But some of the permanent markers I have bleed, and some of the gel ink bleed.

I have one uniball gel impact pen that won't bleed, but it is black. ANother gel one bleeds. Have no idea why the difference.

I have a blue sharpie that doesn't appear to bleed, but just about out of ink.

A black sharpie does bleed, again, have no idea the difference. I don't want to go buy a big pack of pens, and can't use them.

Don;t they make glitter pens anymore?
    False

catmint

• RE: CAn you tell me what to use to write on ribbon?
    SHoot, forget about the uni-ball gel one, I tried wiping with a wet towel, and it smeared.

The blue sharpie did better.

Now what?
    False

catmint

try your dollar store. they sell them individually
    False
    i'm sorry catmint, i answered you before but i guess i misunderstood what you were asking....

get some glitter and a bottle of elmers glue, write with the glue and sprinkle the glitter on. just shake off the excess when its dry...this is what you meant???? ct
    False

CT, well, that is one way I could do it. THought of that. But they use to make pens, that you could write with glitter.

I just want to write my MIL's and FIL's first names on a ribbon, and glue the ribbon to the flowers in the arrangement. So if they want to steal it, they will have to tear a lot of flowers trying to get the names of them off. Just an idea. Might make them mad, and they do much worse, hope not.
    False

catmint

there are several colored permanent ink markers on the market, but not sure if they will bleed on the ribbon. The black one I have here does.
    False

catmint

I really have to go outside , now, so if you have any ideas, thanks.

If I don't hurry and get these arrangements done, my SIL and BIL are going to get mad at me. :(
    False

catmint

False

catmint

I use Polymark Fabric and Craft paint pen. They have them in many colors and I get them at walmart. It takes a while for them to dry, but they are great.
    False

Try this:

Use Microsoft Word on your computer and print the name out on paper like you normally would. Then put your ribbon on the paper, tape it down on top of what you just printed and run it through your printer again..this time it will have printed on the ribbon.

THe only problem with this would be you likely want it on a longer length of ribbon but if you set it up to print on a 11 X 14 sheet going lengthwise you could use a 14" piece of ribbon.

Heather
    False
    Walmart has glitter pens I just got Andy some for Easter.....
    or try

www.discountschoolsupplies.com
    False
    HE IS MY SUNSHINE.. MY ONLY SUNSHINE HE MAKES ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY HE'LL NEVER KNOW JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM!!!!!
    THanks, I found some glitter glue pens at Walmart in the Crafts.

I saw some kind of fabric pen, but you had to heat it afterwards for cloth.
    False

catmint