How to use leftover hamburger patties? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How to use leftover hamburger patties?

Last post Jun 06, 2005 11:41 AM by chickenheart . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • How to use leftover hamburger patties?
    Anyone have any creative edible ideas on how to re-use hamberger patties? I always make too many and I hate to throw them in the gargbage. I've already tried them chopped up in spaghetti sauce - terrible, just terrible! LOL!
    False
  • RE: How to use leftover hamburger patties?
    put them through a food processor and make stuffed peppers, or burritos.
    False
    Make a sauce of cheese whiz, chopped green chilies and enough milk to thin a bit. pour over heated left over patties.....very good.
    False
    bake them with some beef gravy.... add some mushrooms or onions.... it'd be a little like salisbury steak. You could crumble it up and then add everything also and then pour over noodles or potatoes or rice.
    False
    Chop them up really well & pour some BBQ sauce over the meat & mix it up til all meat is saturated with sauce. Spray a muffin tin with Pam. Take a tube of refrigerated biscuits & "mold" them into the muffin tin cups. Fill each biscuit "cup" with meat. Place a thick slice of cheddar or Colby Jack cheese on top of the meat. Place in 350 degree oven about 15-20 min. or until cheese is melted. Take out & use a large spoon to scoop each Bar B Cup out. Enjoy! Yummmy!!! :P
    False
    Correction: Don't put your cheese slices on until about the last 5 min. of cooking. Should have said to cook as long as it says on biscuit can.
    False
    Stew them in chilli.
    False
    Or mince them up and simmer with salsa until most of the liquid is gone, for a really good taco filling.
    False
    Top them with mushroom gravy and grilled onions.
    False
    I cut them up in our morning eggs, you could add some veggies if you want, to salsa too, and cheese grated.
    Don't throw them out, heck my kids had hamburgers for breakfast when they were young and at home, didn't mind it, just heat up the meat patty. Think of all the people out there with no food, throwing them out is not a "good" think to do.
    False
    I eat them in my lunch box as, well, a hamburger. Sometimes I will chop 1 up and add to my spag sauce. Sometimes DD will heat up one in the AM for breakfast to insure getting protein b4 school for a change in the breakfast routine.
    False
    I freeze them in a ziploc bag for later. My kids just take out and nuke one when they want a hamburger. We love em!
    False