help please....safe temp to keep chicken warm | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

help please....safe temp to keep chicken warm

Last post Jan 11, 2004 4:44 PM by jojo2002 . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • help please....safe temp to keep chicken warm
    Help please! i just came home from the store with a rotisserie chicken for supper and found out DH won't be here for another two hours. Should I cool it on the counter, refrigerate and reheat? or, can I keep it in a roaster pan in the oven? If so, what is a safe temperature so that it won't turn poisonous and it also won't dry out? Thank you so much - I wish I had all of your knowledge and experience! some day.....
    False
  • RE: help please....safe temp to keep chicken warm
    This is from the American Dietetic site:

Most foods can safely remain at temperatures between 40°F. and 140°F. for no more than 2 hours, including serving time and time cooling in the refrigerator. Foods kept in a chafing dish that is hotter than 140°F. can be held for about 4 hours. To chill cooked foods as quickly as possible, place them in a covered shallow pan or container in the refrigerator or freezer immediately after the meal is finished. Use the leftovers within 2 to 4 days. Reheat leftovers to at least 165°F.

It seems you can put the chicken in a warming oven of 140° or more.
    False
  • RE: help please....safe temp to keep chicken warm
    Thank you thank you thank you mairead!!!!! I'll go put it in at 200F. I REALLY appreciate your quick response.
    Jojo.
    False