Anyone ever used a paint additive for mold and mildew prevention for allergies?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Anyone ever used a paint additive for mold and mildew prevention for allergies??

Last post Jun 29, 2005 2:36 PM by jeannine35 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Anyone ever used a paint additive for mold and mildew prevention for allergies??
    Good Morning eveyone,
    Has anyone ever used the paint additive "MC-2?" Supposedly you add it to the gallon of paint and it is supposed to prevent mold and mildew growth in bathrooms, etc. I am pretty much allergic to everything that grows,LOL :-(. Everything from molds and dust to grasses and weeds. SO, I thought I would give it a shot-just for prevention. Does anybody know if it affects the paint color? Does it actually prevent mold/mildew??
    Thanks! Jeannine
    False
  • RE: Anyone ever used a paint additive for mold and mildew prevention for allergies??
    I have always used Kilz. It works great.
    False
  • RE: Anyone ever used a paint additive for mold and mildew prevention for allergies??
    I have heard of the Kilz primer, is that it or do they have a paint additive too?
    Thanks!!
    Jeannine
    False
    I used some kind of anti-mildew additive when I painted my bathroom ceiling. I first primed it with Kilz, and then painted with the treated paint. I haven't had any mildew problem in two years and I had some before that.
    False
    anybody else ever used it?
    Thanks,
    Jeannine
    False