Can you freeze a bag of shredded salad mix? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can you freeze a bag of shredded salad mix?

Last post Oct 08, 2005 12:10 AM by gr_elo . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Can you freeze a bag of shredded salad mix?
    I got it in the fresh produce section. It has shredded cabbage, carrots, cauliflower hearts, and broccoli hearts. I got too big a bag, and have put some already in my soup. We don't really eat coleslaw here at the house. Can i freeze it?
    False

catmint

• RE: Can you freeze a bag of shredded salad mix?
    I'd say that you could freeze that kind and maybe use it in a stir-fry later. If it had lettuce in it, I would say that you could not freeze it. It would also be good in soup later.
    False
    maybe if you were going to use it in soup but otherwise , no!!!

i think i'd toss it!!!
    False

ahh! CT, it cost too much. LOL
    False

catmint

Hey , Rockytop, do you get much snow in your part of Tennessee?
    DH would love to go in the winter, but I am afraid of bad roads. Around December, actually.
    False

catmint

Maybe I will take it to my Dad. And the huge bunch of leftover celery I have too. We don't eat celery, except in soup, either. He will figure out something to do with it. He is the best cook.
    False

catmint

Not much snow here Catmint, we're not near the mountains. Our weather doesn't usually get real, real cold until Jan-Feb. I'm glad 'cause I don't like cold and snow. LOL
    False
    Is that right? Wow, I always thought all of TN would have cold weather before us. I figure Pigeon Forge would be bad, though.
    False

catmint

Cook it with the celery, put it in the blender and make a home made cream of vegetable soup.
    Grelo
    False