Fast help pasta and aioli | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Fast help pasta and aioli

Last post Nov 11, 2005 8:25 PM by Kathycooks . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Fast help pasta and aioli
    I am making a quick supper and want to make some pasta with aioli or something easy.....parmesan and oil.... How do I do it. What else should I add? The fettucini is almost done.....help please
    False
  • RE: Fast help pasta and aioli
    Saute sliced garlic in olive oil until garlic is lightly browned. After your pasta is drained, toss the agliolo with the pasta, add the parmesan, pepper, to taste, yumm.
    False
    thank you. Should I add some butter?
    False
    Butter would be good and maybe some chopped, fresh basil if you have it.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

A good variation for this is to cook some chopped fresh broccoli for a few minutes and toss it with your cooked pasta. Reserve a slight amount of the pasta water and add it to the garlic oil (starch in the water will help to thicken liquid)and toss pasta, oil and broccolie. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese--yum!
    False
    To take it one step further...open a tin of diced tomatoes, a tin of minced clams and you'll have a wonderful pasta dish.
    False

Is there a greater fault than being conscious of the other person's faults?

Kahlil Gibran

Kathy, I have to ask. What did you plan to do with the aioli? I always think of aioli as something you use as a dip. For Calamari for example. I don't think I would add it to a pasta but who knows? Maybe that would be good.
    False

Is there a greater fault than being conscious of the other person's faults?

Kahlil Gibran

I have heard of pasta tossed with aioli sauce; pasta tossed with oil and garlic is called something like Olly-oy--or something that sounds like that.
    False
    Italian - dish, pasta tossed with olive oil, garlic, parsley, called (hope am spelling it right) agliolio (ah-glee-oh-lee-o).
    False
    Roma,
    I added the aioli sauce to the pasta. I sauteed some garlic like patone recommended. (thanks) I added some fresh mushrooms and some butter and parsley and a little seasoned salt. It turned out preety good.
    I also use aioli mainly to dip bread, but have had pasta mixed in ailoi in restaurants. I wanted an easy sauce with pasta to go wtih my chicken breast topped with mushrooms, onion and red and green pepper.
    I am wondering if the aglioli is the same thing that someone else mentioned. ????
    Has anyone else tried this before? (aioli in pasta???)
    Kathycooks
    False