Gift ideas for male teacher | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Gift ideas for male teacher

Last post Mar 12, 2012 3:08 PM by Zippi_MO . 34 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 123
  • Gift ideas for male teacher
    My daughter's 1st grade teacher is a man. I need some ideas for a Christmas gift.
    I was thinking of boxed candy (boring) or maybe a gift certicate.
    Movies, grocery store? Any other ideas? Is $10 too cheap for a gc?
    We live in a small town so there aren't any "teacher supplies" stores around. I'm not sure if he would make the trek to our nearest Wal-mart. (30 minutes)
    I would appreciate any suggestions!
    False
  • RE: Gift ideas for male teacher
    How about frozen casseroles in throw away containers? Or homemade cookies?
    False
    Any bookstores around? Restaurants? Golf courses? (other athletic venues?)

False
    When I was teaching, someone gave me a gift certificate to our local movie theater. It was enough for 2 tickets. I thought that was really nice. Another nice gift is a plate of homemade cookies or candy. I always enjoyed that more than a box of candy.
    False
    Desktop Calendar?

I don't know, tough one.

I would pick a gift certificate to a movie rental place.

or movie tickets.
    False

catmint

I scrapped the homemade idea because the schools have just started where classroom treats have to be store bought.
    Maybe Barnes & Noble? I guess he could order on line, too.
    No cinemas around. :(
    Thanks, though!
    False
    Ah...the homemade thing..I forgot about that...It's getting to where the kids won't have any parties pretty soon isn't it?
    How about a basket of school supplies...pencils, markers, highlighters..stuff like that. Or a plant for the classroom?
    Barns and Noble would be good, because he could order on line. If you live where it is cold, a nice pair of gloves or a scarf would be nice.
    False
    I like the plant idea! Never thought of that when my kids were in school.
    False
    I had a mother bring me a plant on the first day of school and I always thought that was so nice.

The craziest Christmas gift that I ever got...a newt....a real live newt. I was teaching 5th grade at the time and a boy named Kevin brought it to me in a bowl with a ribbon tied around it. At first I thought that he was pulling a prank and then I realized he was so excited about this gift. I asked him how he happened to pick that out for me and he said he went to Walmart and walked around until he saw the newt and decided it was perfect. He said it was what he would have loved to get, so he thought I would enjoy it! We named him Sir Issac and the class loved him, but I have to say I enjoyed my tamer gifts a bit more. Thank God that Wal-mart doesn't sell snakes!
    False
    $10 is very appropriate. Gift certificates are great for the men: restaurants, movies, book stores, school supply stores. Stay away from "personal" gifts. Home-baked goodies are also a great gift. Whatever you give will be deeply appreciated. I've had some real doozies as Christmas gifts from children and their families, but each one (no matter how bizarre) was cherished for what it was. NOTHING scented!!
    False
    My favorite was a goldfish!! The little girl who gave it to me thought it was the best present ever, so I told her I thought so, too!!! I had the custodians take care of it over vacation, and believe it or not, it was still there to greet us on our return in January! SO dear.
    False
    My brother is a teacher. Because of where he teaches he throws out all homemade food items.

A gift basket with some supplies would be wonderful. Gift certificates to fast food or the local grocery store would be nice. My brother has even liked the summer sausage and crackers he received (actually we have all enjoyed it). :)
    False
    Please allow me to forward a request from my Aunt Naomi, an elementary school teacher: Please! No more junk jewelry or cheap perfume.
    False
    I'm sure Mr. Crandall would agree, BOC, lol!
    Loriann that was cute about the newt!
    Thanks for the ideas everyone.
    False
    How about a teacher ornament? Mom got tons but loved them. In her retirement they now have their own tree.
    False