Can i use a bunt pan the same as a tube pan? I have the oven on so I need the answer fast lol | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can i use a bunt pan the same as a tube pan? I have the oven on so I need the answer fast lol

Last post Feb 19, 2006 11:41 AM by Roselle . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Can i use a bunt pan the same as a tube pan? I have the oven on so I need the answer fast lol
    Im going to be making an angel cake, from a mix (lazy way) anyways all I have is a bundt pan and I dont know if it will still come out ok.
    False
  • RE: Can i use a bunt pan the same as a tube pan? I have the oven on so I need the answer fast lol
    Yes.
    False
  • RE: Can i use a bunt pan the same as a tube pan? I have the oven on so I need the answer fast lol
    No.
    False
    you won't be able to get an angelfood cake out of a bundt pan. . .you can't grease a pan to bake angelfood in, and the bottom won't come off. . .if you have any loaf pans, line them with foil and put the batter in WITHOUT GREASE. . .if you have the release foil that would be perfect. . .if it is regular foil, you'll have to peel it off the cooled cakes
    False
    I've made angel food in a bundt pan, no problem.
    False
    umm...i don't know...never tried it. go for it and let us know. :)
    False
    Now that I see Tazzi's answer I don't know. I had always thought you had to use a tube pan because it is much easier to get the cake out since the pan is in 2 pieces.
    False
    wow you are all the best, Thanks so much for such a quick reply. I will use the loaf pans. Have a great day. :)
    False
    And you don't want to use a non-stick pan for Angel food cake--the chemicals will react like fat, and cause your cake not to rise as high as it should.
    False