?? RE: On line bill paying | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

?? RE: On line bill paying

Last post Jul 13, 2012 9:29 PM by cast_iron_king . 19 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12
  • ?? RE: On line bill paying
    For those of you already doing this - is it better to pay everything through your bank program or each bill indicidually through the company (Verizon, Visa, etc) site?
    False
    Click for Cape Coral, Florida Forecast
  • RE: ?? RE: On line bill paying
    I pay mine through each company.
    False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

I pay most of mine through the bank site, but there are a couple that I go right to the account to pay. Through the bank there is a 5 day time period from the time you set up the payment to the time that it is paid. I love doing it that way. Things don't get lost in the mail, no stamps to buy, no checks to write out. If that were the only reason for me to have a computer I would do it.
    False
    Here's another vote for the online bank. A lot of the major cards and accounts are a 2 day posting. If they are 5 days I sometimes have to go to the company web site to pay.
    Sooo easy. A while back a city utility bill that I paid through banking online was credited to the wrong account. After I tried talking to the customer service at the city, and not getting very far, I emailed the bank and they TOOK over and resolved it and emailed me that it was done. Great customer service with my bank.
    Robbie
    False

Click for McMinnville, Oregon Forecast

I just paid Capitol One on their site and the payment will be posted today. I like that better than the 5 day bank wait. I always pay my bills as soon as I get them and I don't want a 5 day wait.
    False
    Click for Cape Coral, Florida Forecast
    I use our bank online bill pay. It takes 2 business days. However if there is a bill that is due sooner and I forgot about it, I go to the companies web page and pay it thru them because usally its posted that day to the acct.

False
    I do mine through the bank because I prefer to go to one place only.
    They will also mail a paper check to companies that are not set up for online bill pay.
    False
    Also, my bank does not have a 5 day wait for most major companies...the 5 day thing is for the companies they have to mail a check to.

Example: this morning I told it to pay Citibank. Citibank will get the money tomorrow.
    False
    I pay through my bank, mostly. Unless the credit card due date is close because it gets paid with dh's expense check. My bank has electronic funds transfers for those bills that I pay that have that available to them. So, about half of my bills are paid electronically through my bank, the other half the bank writes out the check and mails it.
    False
    I always pay through the company. I've never even looked into paying through my bank. I don't know why. Since so many of you have had such success with it, I will look into it.
    False
    My DS pays his through each company. I don't do online bill paying yet.
    False
    For cell phone, mortgage and electric bill, I go to the company site. For tractor loan, I use the bank site.
    For the land line and the water bill, I have to send a check. They both are very small companies and dont offer online payment options. The satellite bill is automatically deducted each month.
    Oh and my tuition is done on the school site as well.
    False
    For all our utilities, I do auto- withdrawal from our checking and absolutely LOVE it- no checks- no worry. The only concern for those who have a problem having the $$$$ in their account, I make a point of having an adequate balance.
    False
    I pay from my bank (but I work for the bank :-).

I really encourage it from the bank because they will have more of a guarantee if an error.

If your bank still charges for bill pay, try this website

www.mycheckfree.com

Most major banking institutions use Checkfree as their vendor for Billpay.
    False
  • Re: ?? RE: On line bill paying

I really like your magazine and was trying to pay for  a book. I went to pay on line several times. You should be able to go right to a form, fill it out with card info, hit submit and thats the end of it..I,m going to mail it and its already late. Thanks for your time.  Susan Brown

False