What to do about those pesky cobwebs? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do about those pesky cobwebs?

Last post Mar 20, 2006 10:38 AM by Linda_Rae . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • What to do about those pesky cobwebs?
    I have been informed that "we" need to do something about the cobweb problem. Before y'all assume I'm neglectful of my housewifely duties, in my defense I can't see those gossamer swags festooning the hallway even with a good light.

So... I told himself to go fetch some fresh-baked cinnamon buns, wrapped a kerchief around my head and damp towel around the broom -- looking very domestic-goddessy -- and commenced with the cobweb remove. Well, lifting my arms over my head makes my blood-pressure go off kilter, I get dizzy and have to go sit down and now I'm waiting for DH to get his buns home.

Once I get a little nourishment and regain my strength, I'm sure I'll be able to supervise as he takes up the Web Wars... we will not retreat until victory is ours!

How do YOU tackle cobwebs?
    False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

• RE: What to do about those pesky cobwebs?
    i have one of those telescoping tools with the feathery thing on the end. or just a plain old broom.
    i've also been seen with a kitchen towel in my hand, jumping around like a loon, swiping at them in the corners.
    False
    a yard stick with an old sock on top...perfect reach...and they are so pesky....and I never see them till we have company....LOL...

my dear sweet husband bought ME a book about ridding the house of pests................I told him to have a go at it, as I would not be reading that book...the book is so outdated you can't find half the stuff they call for in their mixes anymore....

the book went over as well as if he had bought me Dr. Laura's book "Proper care and feeding of husbands"...LOL...
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

I love Halloween, so I just leave mine up all summer into autumn.
    False
    The long handled swiffer. And since hubby is 6'2" he can go after them LOL
    False
    I am all for sprinkling silver and gold glitter in them and declaring a new home decor idea!
    False
    have a purple web eater.

it has the hole in the middle, to swipe the ceiling fan blades.
    False

catmint

I don't look up.

Just kidding. I use a small wet/dry vac with an extender tube and suck them up. I think it makes less mess (dust and webs falling on the furniture making more work for me!) since I just wave the tube around in the corners.
    False
    My mother calls them "Irish Lace"! LOL!!

louie
    False
    I'm still laughing after reading these very funny replies again this morning.

DH used the vacuum with the odd attachment for wood flooring that we've never used before. Its now renamed the "Cobweb Sucker". It has upholstered pads on the bottom and a swivel mount so it worked on the walls and the ceiling.

Oh god... if word gets out that I'm vacuuming the ceiling, my reputation will be ruined! DH is threatening blackmail if he doesn't see a three layer Black Cherry Chocolate cake on the table by dinner time.
    False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

i use those plug in things...i know everyone will say they dont work, but i DONT HAVE ANY COBWEBS...
    False
    psssst...lp...Safeway's has those three layer black forest cakes.
    False