Pulled Pork and your KitchenAid mixer | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Pulled Pork and your KitchenAid mixer

Last post Oct 30, 2006 3:55 PM by MissEllie . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Pulled Pork and your KitchenAid mixer
    I read this on the KitchenAid site....I would have NEVER thought of this but a few people agreed it worked great:

Remove the excess fat and the bone from the pork butt. Cut the meat into 2 pound pieces and put it in the bowl. Attach the dough hook and lower the head/raise the bowl and turn on low for approximately 20-30 seconds. The action of the dough hook will pull the pork for you-Walla! No more burned fingers!!
    False
  • RE: Pulled Pork and your KitchenAid mixer
    yea what a great idea!!!!
    False
    I'll have to try that.
    False
    Great idea! Thanks.
    False
    That is a great idea...I mix up my meatloaf in mine...I used to do it by hand, but this keeps my hands clean.
    False
    been doing that for years lol! it also works for the shredded beef for burritos but chicken salad i prefer chunky. heck i mix up my meatloaf with my ka!
    False

Have been doing this for some time. I got the idea from working at the fairgrounds. They served bbq pork and beef and is how they always pulled the pork. Though their machine was a BIG Hobart I tried it in my kitchen aid and worked great. I think I have posted about it a few times..

Glad you found out about it!
    False
    geez Footsie, quit keeping all the good secrets for yourself
    LOL

actually I've never pulled pork in my life. but maybe now I will grill a pork butt and make some REAL bbq, if I can just find the right sauce recipe.
    False
    Bump for CQ
    False