Last night I was GIVEN a 3/4 hp grain grinder & mixer!!!! I am soo excited!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Last night I was GIVEN a 3/4 hp grain grinder & mixer!!!! I am soo excited!!

Last post Jan 13, 2012 4:12 AM by j0k0stevens . 41 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 123
  • Last night I was GIVEN a 3/4 hp grain grinder & mixer!!!! I am soo excited!!

This machine is NICE.
    Our neighbors and best friends called Monday to tell me that they brought back with them a wheat grinder that their daughter who is moving was going to give it to the Deseret Industries. BUT Our friend asked if she could have it to pass on to me! Our friend has one similar to this one and just loves it.
    I was shocked and surprised when she called that I was getting one. We long ago thought of getting a grinder but never did. So due to teacher conferences and other stuff going on she was delayed in bringing it over.
    It is heavy whewww. Anyways it is a stone grinder 3/4 hp with an attached dough mixer also has a huge bowl that goes with it. It is electric BUT if I ever want to hand grind it does have a handle that I can attach to it and grind away without elect.
    Also they brought over a 50lb bag of wheat to get me started. Little though did they know Jim had been given several big restaruant type buckets filled with wheat a week ago or so from someone he is working for. The wheat was given to us for to supplement feed for our flock BUT it is clean wheat they had gotten and was storing and had an over abundance. I am overcome with wheat!
    I cant wait to get started using this. I am wondering though IF I can grind barley.. corn they said is too moist... Im excited can now grind my own cracked wheat too.

It is a Mix & Mill put out by the same name company in Bringham City Utah.
    False
  • RE: Last night I was GIVEN a 3/4 hp grain grinder & mixer!!!! I am soo excited!!
    Hooray for you. Let us know how it works when you grind up a batch and make your yummy bread.

False
  • RE: Last night I was GIVEN a 3/4 hp grain grinder & mixer!!!! I am soo excited!!
    Hey Mary,
    This is great. Like to read post like this. I'am sure that you will get alot of use out of it. Enjoy !
    Cassiebabe
    P.S. Are you going to have a flier printed for your mailing of cookies sometime soon. Pic and prices. If so I'am very interested.
    False

Barbara Anne

Mary, I gogled until I was blue in the face but cannot find the company of Mix & Mill in Bingham City. I tried the white and yellow pages.
    My old "Golden Grain" mill gave up the ghost after 34 yrs, motor shaft worn out, so I am in the market for anopther electric heavy duty one.
    I bought a small K-TeC KItchen Mill to tide me over but can't grind coarse in it.
    Fo you have the address of the company that made your Mix & Mill? I would appreciate it if you could post it for me.
    Have not made up my mind what to buy exactly so am looking at different things.
    Thanks for your help,
    Grelo
    False
    Grelo, on the back of this one most of the address is worn away. I dont know how old this machine is but it does have the serial number 405726 stamped on the lower back.
    the bit of adress I can make out says it is manufactured and distributed by Mill & Mix Co, Inc. Bringham City Utah 81302 I think is the complete zip. I cannot make out the street adress.

I checked on ebay this morning to see if there happened to be any on there as I also tried looking for this brand to find out more about it but was unable to. All I could find was stuff about grain and feeding cattle.

there was ONE that I found on ebay but it doesnt have the mixer part with the bowl. Here is the link to that one. I am thinking maybe if we ask the seller they may be able to tell us more about it. It is listed as the 3rd to the last article at the bottom of the page.

http://search.ebay.com/wheat-grinder-mill_W0QQfkrZ1QQfnuZ1

I dont even know if the company still exists.
    False
    Please, keep bumping this for Mary.
    Thanks,
    Grelo
    False
    Please, keep bumping this for Mary.
    Thanks,
    Grelo
    False
    Thanks, Mary
    Grelo
    False
    It's actually Brigham City. Enjoy, Mary!!! I have the jet-engine model, and they work great. You can make rice flour too, I think.
    False
    Gosh Linda, yep I knew that why do I habitually always add and pronounce in there as bring... instead of brigham city????

I am really excited about this. Jim and I couldn't hold back any longer, we poured in and ground about 2lbs of wheat this afternoon after he came home from work. I like the machine!!

False
    Mary, here is the whole wheat bread recipe that I use when I grind wheat. It's kneaded in an electric mixer.

WHOLE WHEAT BREAD

5 c hot water
    1/3 c honey
    1/3 c molasses
    3 T dry yeast
    2 T salt
    2/3 c vegetable oil
    12-15 c whole wheat flour

Put water, honey, molasses, and yeast into mixer bowl and let work while grinding flour. Then add oil and salt and 2 cups of flour. Turn on mixer and add cupfuls of flour until dough cleans the sides of the bowl. Then let knead for 10 minutes. Let rise until double. Shape into 4 or 5 loaves and place in greased 9" X 5" loaf pans. Let rise again. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Thanks for the recipe 4boysmom.

Our friends are comming over for our Firday night supper and a movie tonight so will get to talk more on the grinder. She said not to do corn as it has a bit too much moisture. I am hoping I can do barley... Rice flour, I use when baking for my mom.. gluten free.

I am wondering if I can grind buckwheat.. I get already ground buckwheat from Bobs Red Mill, but gosh if I can grind my own....I asked her last night about that but she had no idea.
    She did say that the mixer and bowl will make about 4-5 loaves depending on the size of loaves.

I like your recipe as it uses All wheat flour, no unbleached and it uses honey and molasses instead of just sugar. Thanks again.

Just a note though I probably will add in some dry nonfat milk with the flour.

It doesnt make the loaves or bake it that I'll have to do by hand still but how neat to get the grinder!!
    False
    You're welcome, Mary. This bread recipe is very tasty and easy to do. Only drawback is that you should refrigerate or freeze the loaves unless you eat it all in just a couple of days. Because there's no preservatives in the ingredients, it can mold faster in more moist environments.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Yep thats the price one pays for good homemade bread. Gotta eat it and not let it sit long.

I usually use olive oil in my bread recipes.. will do so in this one too.

Yep gotta try your recipe! Thanks again.

Do you have one of these grinders also.. just wondering.
    False
    I have two grinders. One looks like it's in a wooden box and stone grinds. Not sure of the brand, possibly the same as yours. Was given to us years ago. Also have an electric model that is all plastic with metal grinders. I can't remember the brand of it but I bought it at the Bosch store.
    False