My mouth feels like it is full of cotton, | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

My mouth feels like it is full of cotton,

Last post Feb 04, 2004 1:38 AM by Cookiebear1983 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • My mouth feels like it is full of cotton,
    Besides being tired gosh my mouth is so dry feeling. I just drank a tall glass of water and it is like the water just went right over but didnt even wet my mouth.
    False
  • RE: My mouth feels like it is full of cotton,
    CD, make sure that you mention this to your doctor on Friday. Extreme thrist is a sign of diabetes. Not trying to scare you of course.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

I am going to 4boysmom, But I was thinking it is from the dry heat here from burning wood, my hair is dull and dry as is my skin, my back just itches at times and myhands so dry, is why I was thinking the wood burning. Am wanting something to help get moisture in my skin and my hair.
    False
    I think your dry skin, hair, mouth, hands etc ... could be more than the wood heat, we heat with wood all winter .. and do not have the dry skin problem. Of course our skin is drier in the winter anyway, but the dry dull hair and thirst could be a much more serious problem.

Could you let us know what you find out at the doctor? I'll be thinking about you and wondering.

Eileen
    False
    Just to give you a heads-up (without trying to scare you)...

Symptoms of hyperglycemia (high blood sugar):

Extreme thirst
    A need to urinate often
    Dry, itchy skin
    Hunger
    Blurred vision
    Tired, weak or dizzy
    Upset stomach, vomiting

Not saying diabetes is what you have. I don't mean it that way. But I'd rather give you a head's up and something to think about.

I just had a sister-in-law that "accidentally" discovered she has diabetes. We were over at her house the day before Thanksgiving. Her nephew just recently became a First Responder (kind of like a baby EMT...he works with the volunteer fire-department) and was showing us his new kit. He was going through all the stuff in it, naming it off and what it did. He got to the glucometer (blood sugar monitor) and explained what it did. She said, "Oh, go ahead...stick me! I'll be your guinea pig!" He checked it, looked at the machine when it beeped, raised an eyebrow and said, "That's not good." He's very good at deadpan humor, so I didn't know to take him seriously. I looked at the meter, and it read 428!!!!! (175-200 is high, and in the diabetes range) He checked again, and it was the same.

To make a loooong story short, she was diagnosed with diabetes when she went to her doctor. The last I knew of, she was taking 4 Glucophage a day, with a possibility of a 5th. I'm betting she's going to wind up on insulin at some point.

Anyway, I really don't tell you this to scare you. I guess what I'm saying is it's worth checking into. My SIL had no symptoms that we are aware of...
    False