Help! Little teeny tiny bugs!!!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help! Little teeny tiny bugs!!!!

Last post Jun 23, 2012 9:30 AM by hellofriend . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Help! Little teeny tiny bugs!!!!
    Help!
    We've had lots and lots of rain lately.
    In my bathroom, on the sink I am finding these little teeny tiny, and I do mean TINY, dark bugs!

They are so small.....I would say they are far less than half the size of a pepper flake. I have a beige sink top and you really have to look close to see them.

I'm not finding them anywhere else but in the bathroom, so I'm thinking they are drawn to the dampness or the water around the sink.

I first noticed them when I was trimming ds's fingernails. He had them resting on the sink while I was combing his hair and checking ears for earwax (:o) and then when he lifted his hand and I started clipping, I saw this almost microscopic little dot running around on his finger. Then another....and another!

They are making me crazy. I keep wiping down the sink, but they keep coming back.
    One other thing. Right above the sink is the entrance into the attic. We have an OLD house and the only way into the attic is thru that hole, which of course is closed off. But, there is a sort of crack around the panel that comes out and I'm thinking that maybe there are bugs in the attic and they are dropping onto the sink. Ewwwww!!!!

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm going to get some clear tape and catch some of them and look at them under a magnifying glass so I can look them up. That's how small they are, I can see the little buggers, but they're too small to describe what they look like.
    False
  • RE: Help! Little teeny tiny bugs!!!!
    In my area of the South, my first guess would be seed ticks. Thousands hatch at one time.
    False
    sure their not fleas....when we were having trouble at our old house found out the fleas where coming up from the drain in the dirt basement (only part of itwas dirt) we sprayed and bombed the house like 3 times till we got rid of them....

do you have house cats,dogs anyone getting bite......
    False
    I think fleas will hop and not crawl around too much and they aren't teeny tiny. This could be a type of lice or mite but that would be rare to have them hatch away from the body. It could be a type of spider, hundreds hatch at a time from egg.
    False
    I would call a professional have your house sprayed for whatever they are. Otherwise you are just playing a geussing game.
    False
    I have had a few those, and they are so small you can hardly see them. Where is see mine in the summer is on my PC screen because it is lit up and I am wearing strong glasses. I see about20 inone summer, but have never seen one in the bathroom. Nope, they are not fleas, or spoiders, or crickets, they are a different breed. Most insects hatch out full size except for spiders and crickets. I know ants, flies, bees and butterflies do.. Spread some honey around the hole, they'ss get stuck on it, maybe you catch them that way and honey washes off. Here they seem to come through the window and door sreens. There are several other types of slender, small bugs that come right throughthe screens, so can small spiders(newly hatched). At least tghose tiny ones you have don't bite.
    Grelo
    False
    I get itchy just thinking about it!

No, they are not fleas! I thought about that but looked them up also and fleas are much bigger.

These don't have wings, they don't fly.
    Creepy.
    I have a basket on my sink that holds my stuff like make-up, brushes, combs etc. I think they are on that stuff too because this morning when I was putting on some mascara, the next thing I knew I felt a tickle on my cheek. I looked in my mirror that has the magnified side and sure enough there was one of those!!!!! All day today I have felt little tickly places on my face!

Grelo is right. They are extremely small. With all this rain, I thought maybe the dampness had something to do with it, since I'm only seeing them in the bathroom.

I looked up (ugh) head lice but no, they aren't them....thank goodness! I did a google search but can't come up with anything, at least not yet.

Thanks for thinking about it though. Gotta run, see you guys tomorrow!
    False
    You know, we have those from time to time too. They are teeny tiny with hard bodies. They are usually in the bathroom too. They seem harmless and there are never very many of them. I have never done anything specific about them other than the regular routine spraying that our exterminating company does every 3 months.
    False
    Keep some bay leaves near your sink. It may keep them away.
    False
    A long time ago, we had some odd looking bugs being a nuisance in our home. DH put a couple in a little baggy (dead) and carried them with him to the store. :) We looked 'em up in the garden section pesticide book! (lots of pics! LOL) We were able to take care of it ourselves, as the problem was relatively small. This is probably an odd way to go about it, but it may help as a first step. Hope you don't have to call an exterminator.
    False
  • Re: RE: Help! Little teeny tiny bugs!!!!
    Lisa did you ever find out the problem??
    False
  • Re: RE: Help! Little teeny tiny bugs!!!!

Mold mite populations develop to significant levels only where there are microclimates with sufficient humidity and a substrate that will support fungal growth, e.g. areas with leaky pipes and porous surfaces (e.g. wood, rugs, furniture), poorly sealed windows, attics with leaky roofs,

False
  • Re: Help! Little teeny tiny bugs!!!!

We have the same thing. I think it is drain flies

http://www.livingwithbugs.com/drain_fly.html

False