Product review: Kroger Spinach-Artichoke Dip | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Product review: Kroger Spinach-Artichoke Dip

Last post Jul 10, 2006 6:50 PM by arc_34_LA . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Product review: Kroger Spinach-Artichoke Dip
    This is a frozen dip, found next to the restaurant-brand frozen dips and appetizers.

It's a bit blah and not cheesy enough on its own for my taste. So I experimented a little and came up with something really tasty. I added some monterey jack cheese before I put it in the microwave. After it was heated through I added extra seasoning. The first time I used Tony Chachere's and the 2nd time I tried Old Bay. They are equally good, but just a dash goes a long way, because the dip is salty enough to begin with.
    False
  • RE: Product review: Kroger Spinach-Artichoke Dip
    Here's a simple recipe for a home-made spinach/artichoke dip. You might like to tweak it a bit, but it really couldn't be much easier and they're ingredients most of us usually have on hand.

SPINACH/ARTICHOKE DIP
    (aka Green Glop)
    1 package frozen chopped spinach
    1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
    1 4oz. can chopped chiles, drained
    1 cup grated Parmesan
    1 T very finely minced green onions
    1 cup mayonnaise
    Thaw the spinach and squeeze dry with your hands. Chop the artichoke hearts and place them in a mixing bowl with the spinach and chiles. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Place in a small oven-proof dish and bake in a 300 degree oven about 20 minutes, or until warm. Serve with tortilla chips, or toasted pita triangles, or raw vegetables, or whatever. (Or make a bread-bowl out of a smallish, round, crusty loaf of bread, and heat the dip in the bread-bowl. When heated, place on a round serving plate and, as dippers, surround it with the pieces of bread you pulled from the loaf.)

One of my friends who made this said she also mixed in a small (3oz.) package of cream cheese. Another friend said she spritzed in a dash of garlic powder. It's flexible, and forgiving.

False
    Thanks for the recipe, recipegranny. Sounds good and easy.
    False
    man, i love that stuff, served on those crsipy garlic bread rounds. a restaurant here makes it really yummy.
    False
    Superglide, I used to go to Bennigan's and order their spinach-artichoke dip as a meal. They made the best I've ever tasted. Unfortunately they stopped serving it. I can't imagine why; it was one of their most popular dishes.
    False