HELP!!!! how many boxes of cake mix do you need for a 11x15x2 pan? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HELP!!!! how many boxes of cake mix do you need for a 11x15x2 pan?

Last post Aug 07, 2006 5:55 PM by TheDivaSharon . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • HELP!!!! how many boxes of cake mix do you need for a 11x15x2 pan?
    I am about to make a cake for my son's hockey birthday party and I have an 11 x 15 x 2 wilton pan. how many boxes of cake mix do I need and do i bake it at 350 and for how long??
    False
  • RE: HELP!!!! how many boxes of cake mix do you need for a 11x15x2 pan?
    Not sure, but the wilton site has a great chat and a lady there know as cake lady knows eveything, maybe she can help you if the regular site does not.
    False

Rebecca

thats a jelly roll right...depends on how thick you want it...i say it will only hold l mix...
    False
    as for how long 15-20 mins...i would start checking at 13-14 mins.
    False
    I have one of those, too, and I use two cake mixes. Not sure how long to bake, because I always start at 40 minutes & check it after that, adding time as necessary.

Good luck! :)
    False
    thanks so much--i think it is 2 boxes at 325 for 35-40 min. that is what i have found out so far. thanks for your help!!!!
    False
    I use this pan many times a week and it takes two mixes and I bake it at 325° until the cake pulls away from the pan (usually 35 minutes).
    False

I would guess two. You can always bake some of it in a muffin pan if there is too much batter, but better too much than not enough.
    False