scorched Chili | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

scorched Chili

Last post Oct 27, 2006 1:00 PM by rebelgurl_aka_Alaska . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • scorched Chili
    Grrrrrrrrrr. I was making chili for 50 people tonite for a fire safety meeting. I left the office and told three other people in the office to keep a watch on it while I ran up to the fire hall. Amidst many assurances that they would be keepers of the chilli..... I walk back in 15 minutes later to the smell of slightly scorched chilli.
    Isnt there something that you can put in it to take the scorched taste out? i was thinking maybe a potato I heard that somewhere???
    It's not bad scorched but I know....
    False
  • RE: scorched Chili
    first don't scrape the bottom of the pan. transfer the chili to another pan. then taste it to see if it taste scorched. i really don't know of a way to take scorched taste out of food.
    False
    i don't think you can. potato gets extra salt out. :(
    sorry about the chili. can't trust anybody. make them eat the burnt stuff.
    False
    I googled, and someone mentioned getting it out of the pan fast, don't scrape the bottom, and put a piece of bread on top to draw the scorched flavor out. Said it didn't work for her, but it's worth a try.
    False
    Gives a whole new meaning to Firehouse Chili...LOL ARRRGGGHHH it's a good thing I still have a sense of humor
    False
    If you scorch gravy you can put a tablespoon of peanut butter in it and it will remove the scorched flavour without making it taste peanutty. Might work for chili as well.
    False
    bump- sorry about your chili
    False
    tried the bread, did not work. So before I started all over again I put in three potatoes cut in half. It took all the slightly scorched taste out.
    False
    LOL, for a fire safety meeting -- sorry, couldn't help it!

Not much you can do for a scorched taste except salvage what wasn't on the bottom.
    False
    uh, the potatoes really worked, it was perfect
    False
    I dunno but it sure wouldn't hurt to try.
    False