Need ideas for using up leftover Broiled London Broil! :) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need ideas for using up leftover Broiled London Broil! :)

Last post Jun 13, 2012 9:36 AM by beeje . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • Need ideas for using up leftover Broiled London Broil! :)
    Good Tuesday Morning, Kitchen Pals!

I just know someone can help me with this! :)
    I've got about a pound of London Broil steak leftover from last night's dinner and I have NO CLUE what to do with it!!!

I sure would appreciate any suggestions you might have to share with me!

Stay warm & safe!

Krissy :)
    False
  • RE: Need ideas for using up leftover Broiled London Broil! :)
    slice it thin and serve in over a nice salad.....

slice it thin again and serve it in a warmed flour tortilla along with shredded lettuce and cheese and diced tomatoe.....
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Thanks, Shelley! I never would have thought about using tortillas! Great idea!

False
    Saute sliced onions, add a bit of flour to make a roux, then add some water and the beef, sliced. Simmer it for a few minutes, and serve over egg noodles.
    False
    Slice very thin. Add a package of Au Jus mix. Add 1 1/2 cups of water. Bake in oven on low for 1 hour. Serve over a good french roll with a small bowl of the juice. Voila French Dip Sandwiches.
    False
    Thanks BOC and Tootie!

Those delicious suggestions you shared are making me VERY hungry!

False
    hot steak salad.... always yummy...warm the steak slice thin and put on a nice green salad...

fajita's add some fajita seasoning slice thin green ppers, onions etc and there you go!

stir fry.. meat already seasoned..slice thin.. stir fry your veggies and add steak just to warm...

hope these help...I normally do extra London Broil for the leftovers can you tell??!!
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-
    akFisherGirl...Thanks to you and all the other delicious sounding suggestions I've received this morning, you can betcha *I* will be planning on leftover London Broil much more often as well!

Thanks again, Kitchen Pals...I knew you'd have great ideas to share with me!

False
    tootie.. I had not thought of french dips.. add one more to my leftover list!! great idea! I love to cook for the leftovers sure makes an easy meal later in the week!!!
    False

OK, now I'm starving and I don't get to have lunch for another two and a half hours.

I think I'll be heading to Quizno's for a french dip!
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    Mmm. Quiznos. I love their Black and Bleu salad.
    False
    Oooh. Black and bleu sounds good too. Guess I'll flip a coin on the way over.
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    I've been reading this thread throughout the morning because we have london broil or flank steaks about 2-3 times a month. I always make 2 because my family just LOVES it. We always have some leftover because they always like to just throw some on a plate and reheat it the next day. These have been awesome tips and I am going to copy them down.

Thanks so much for all the ideas!

Amy
    False
  • Re: Need ideas for using up leftover Broiled London Broil! :)

I buy Texas toast and make steak and swiss cheese sandwiches and cook them in a skillet with butter like making a grilled cheese!  And I also make a steak and philly cheese pizza with my leftovers! 

False
  • Re: Need ideas for using up leftover Broiled London Broil! :)

Oh my gosh I saw Bobswife(Krissy) and I actually got a little misty I sure miss her...

False