Why am I suddenly cold all the time? Could there be a medical reason? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Why am I suddenly cold all the time? Could there be a medical reason?

Last post Dec 18, 2006 6:30 PM by Bunchster_50_F_PA . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Why am I suddenly cold all the time? Could there be a medical reason?
    I'm 57 and in pretty good health. I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago. I'm usualy hot all the time. But for the past couple of months, I've been cold all the time and wearing a light fleece jacket most of the time. Saturday afternoon we went out to eat and the restaurant was so cold I could not even enjoy my lunch. When I asked the waitress about the temp she said I was the first to complain about it being cold - most customers said it was hot!

Do you think there a medical reason why I'm suddenly cold all the time?
    False
  • RE: Why am I suddenly cold all the time? Could there be a medical reason?
    Thyroid, maybe?
    False
    That's the first thing I thought of too, Calgal.
    False
    Have you had your blood checked? Maybe an iron deficiency. I was cold a lot when I was low iron, but, didn't know it.

False

catmint

OK - I guess I'll make an appointment with my doctor but it will have to be the week after Christmas. I've just got too much going on now.
    False
    Make your appointment now, even if itis forafter the holidays. And yes, it could be thyroid and/or iron defiency.
    Unless you are taking certain meds that could make you sensative to cold, one of them being Clonidine. If not meds, I agree with the others on thyroid oriron or both. Been there, done that.
    Grelo
    False
    thyroid or anemia is my bet too.
    Kelly
    False
    I was anemic one winter and just shook even with a coat on...My teeth even rattled.
    False
    My ex had this happen about three to four years ago when we were still married, so he went to the doctor for a routine checkup. Found out he was in continuous atrial fib. His heart basically "fluttered" instead of pumped. Very scary!!! Fortunately, he was on aspirin therapy from having a blood clot a few years before or else he might have stroked when this happened. He too would have been about 57 years old when this was diagnosed. Luckily medicine corrected the problem but will have to take the medicine rest of his life. Not saying this to scare you, but just to make you aware it could be something serious.
    False
    There are many causes of feeling cold all the time. This could be from anemia or a thyroid disorder or circulatory problems related to diabetes, high cholesterol or many various other disorders. You should see your family doctor for a routine check up and labwork to know for sure!
    False
    Are you on High blood preasure meds. Since my doctor started me on HB meds I am cold all the time.
    False