What can I take in my carry-on bag when I fly this weekend? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What can I take in my carry-on bag when I fly this weekend?

Last post Jan 04, 2007 4:31 PM by TheDivaSharon . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • What can I take in my carry-on bag when I fly this weekend?
    I need my contacts and solution with me, I guess other stuff can go in my checked luggage.

Anyone know?
    False
  • RE: What can I take in my carry-on bag when I fly this weekend?
    Call the airline you're flying Linda. I heard still no liquids on board, so I'm not sure about your contact solution.

You comin' to see me??

;)
    False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

Toiletries under 3 fl. oz. can be carried on in a quart size see-through Ziploc baggie. Take it out of your carry-on and present for inspection--I got yelled at last week for not taking it out of my bag.
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    I'm going to San Diego to visit little grandgirls.

Ain't warm enough at your house.

LOL
    False
    guess I better go to Costco and buy some quart-size. That's the small ones, and I only have big.

Thanks, chou.
    False
    Make sure it is QUART size.. they will not let you use gallons anymore... NO more than 3oz of any liquid, you can have several 3oz but none over 3oz...no lighters but 4 books of matches...(although I have learned that if you tuck lighter in pants pocket(talking BIC variety here) they don't pick them up... NO glass, no scissors, nail clippers, etc...if you have any questions on anything just check it... although I hate to check the war paint so will pack that...check on your airline website they should have a place you can look to see what is legal and what isn't...Have a wonderful visit with the grandbabies!!!!
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-
    LR---you have incoming.
    False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

Linda'

We always carry anything we will need for the following day, including an extra set of clothes.

Happy flying and spoil those grandgirls.
    False
    If you decide to carry any explosives, guns, or knives, be sure to put them in a large, clear plastic zip-loc bag. Ditto for flammable liquids.

Also, unless you're a vulture, no carrion is allowed.
    False
    thanks all...yes I agree about taking extra stuff in the carry-on. We have arrived at warm vacation places etc. before our luggage did, and learned that too.

DH always makes sure his bathing suit is with him. That's his idea of being prepared. LOL
    False
    Go to the TSA web site...FAA, they have a list.
    False

Is there a greater fault than being conscious of the other person's faults?

Kahlil Gibran

I will send my guns, explosives and knives ahead by mail.

:)
    False
    Yes, I think that's the way to go. Just remember to mark the box, "Fragile: Explosives, Guns, and Other Dangerous Weapons" in bold letters before you take to the post office. That way, they'll know to handle it carefully.
    False