Do You Believe Your Spirit Goes To Heaven Right After You Die ? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do You Believe Your Spirit Goes To Heaven Right After You Die ?

Last post Jan 13, 2007 2:44 AM by KitchenFairy . 93 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 7 (94 items) 12345Last >
  • Do You Believe Your Spirit Goes To Heaven Right After You Die ?
    As in 1 Thessalonians Paul is talking about the second coming of Jesus and says that the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Would you venture to ask if that means the spirit of those dead remain with the body until the second coming or the spirit goes at death to be with the Lord.

I am also considering John 3:13

No one has ascended to heaven but he who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. KJV

What are your thoughts on this matter?
    False
  • RE: Do You Believe Your Spirit Goes To Heaven Right After You Die ?
    My personal beliefs on this are you go to a spirit world,paradise. And when Jesus comes back,you are then reunited with your body.
    Because when Jesus is on the cross he tells the other that he will be joining him in Paradise. Also,I'm not for sure the excact scripture,but it says to be absent from the body,is to be persent with The Lord.
    But No I don't believe you will "stay here" when you die.
    False
    I believe that if we have accepted Christ as our Lord,we are immediately transformed into our 'heavenly bodies' at the time of death.

2 Cor 5:7-8 - New American Standard

(7) for we walk by faith, not by sight
    (8) we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

2 Cor 5:7-8 - The Living Bible
    (7) We know these things are true by believing, not by seeing.
    (8) And we are not afraid but are quite content to die, for then we will be at home with the Lord.

2 Cor 5:7-8 - King James
    (7)For we walk by faith, not by sight.
    (8) We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
    False
    I think when we die our spirits are with the Lord. At Jesus second coming, our spirits will again inhabit our bodies and we will be resurrected from the grave as He was.
    False
    If the soul does leave the body, how can it see, hear, think and feel if the eyes, ears, brain arms and legs are left on earth?

There wouldn't be too much left of the soul after that.
    False
    No, I'm a pragmatist and quite content with the natural circle of life.
    False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

No, I don't believe it.
    False

"She was not what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."

Mark Twain

I don't really know.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Yes I do and when Jesus comes back we will united with our bodies.
    False
    We know that Christ was resurrected by God. What happened to his body? Where was Christ for the three days he was dead?

Jesus was in a place called "sheol", or the grave for three days, not heaven. God then loosed him from death after three days, restored to life here on earth.

So, When Jesus died, he did not go to heaven... yet.

(Acts 2:24) But God resurrected him by loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to continue to be held fast by it.

False
    Nowhere in the account of Acts just quoted or anywhere in the bible does it say God brought Jesus back to life from heaven.

It says that Jesus was loosed from death, not brought back from heaven.

(Acts 2:24) But God resurrected him by loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to continue to be held fast by it.

False
    Jesus didn't go to heaven right away, after God resurrected him. He was here on earth for another forty days.

(Acts 1:3) To these also by many positive proofs he showed himself alive after he had suffered, being seen by them throughout forty days and telling the things about the kingdom of God.

False
    Eek! I just got a flashback to that old horror movie, "Night of the Living Dead".

I remember bruising my boyfriend's arm back when we went to see it... I think he was deaf for a week from me screeching in girlish-terror.
    False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

Now you can watch it in full color.
    False
    no
    False
    If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark.