Why do dogs like to eat their treats on the carpet? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Why do dogs like to eat their treats on the carpet?

Last post Jan 17, 2007 1:55 AM by KitchenFairy . 19 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12
  • Why do dogs like to eat their treats on the carpet?
    Every morning my dogs get their treats and immediately go to their little spot on the carpet. From the kitchen to the living room they just have to run over to the treat eating place. LOL Cracks me up, until one of the raw hides that had coloring on it stained the rug.

My tip of the day: Do not let your dog chew colored raw hides on carpet.
    False
  • RE: Why do dogs like to eat their treats on the carpet?
    When I had dogs they used to do that too.

I think dogs are in cahoots with the vacuum cleaner manufacturers. :-)
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    My dogs take their food to the carpet, and usually whatever roomk I am in.

Strange!
    False

Rebecca

my cat does that rather than the dog.
    False
    Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you. Click for Ankeny, Iowa Forecast[IMG] Photobucket
    Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com

Mine catch their treat in the air. The male dog likes to just swallow his whole, so I don't give him many. The female will sit very patiently when I tell her to sit and will not move until I say go, then catches it in the air most of the time. If not she eats it on the linolium. They are not house dogs, though.
    False
    all four of my pooches have thier own special spot to eat thier treats on the carpet..

as for raw hide..i trained wally to eat his rawhide in his dog bed or a towel..the other dogs aren't smart enough so they have to eat outside
    False
    Both my vet and various trainers have told me that almost all animals feel vulnerable when they are eating and don't feel secure on a slippery surface.

I do have one dog who will eat on the tile if she can just have one foot on the carpet in the living room.
    False
    my hounds will eat thier breakfast in the kitchen..but snacks are on the carpet..
    False
    My cats carry mouthfuls of food into the living room, deposit it on the floor and eat it there. My DH says it's because they want to watch t.v. while they eat.
    False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

We no longer have any dogs but we do take care of our neighbor's Border Collie when they go out of town. 'Brink' eats dry dog food and takes a small mouthful and deposits it on the carpet....all over the place. After he leaves I find little piles of dog food in all corners of the house!
    False
    Our cats like to eat on throw rugs. Dh puts their regular dry food on a throw rug and they seem to think it is their treats. They come running and eat off the rug even though the SAME food is in a dish in the kitchen.
    False

Mine likes to look for what would be a good thing to "stain up" and immediately goes for that!
    False
    I just figured they like it on the carpet because it doesn't move as easily on a more slippery floor
    False
     Photobucket