Before I plop my rings in this, Efferdent and Polident are made of the same ingredients, right? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Before I plop my rings in this, Efferdent and Polident are made of the same ingredients, right?

Last post Feb 06, 2007 3:46 PM by labrat_ . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Before I plop my rings in this, Efferdent and Polident are made of the same ingredients, right?
    Rachael Ray was showing how to clean your rings in Polident. I happen to have Efferdent for DH's partial, so, I thought, i'll try it.

Same thing, isn't it?

Have you tried it on real gemstones? My Mother's ring stones are real stones.

It won't hurt diamonds?

False

catmint

• RE: Before I plop my rings in this, Efferdent and Polident are made of the same ingredients, right?
    I think you should ONLY try it with real gold, diamonds etc.

That's what it says on my jewellery cleaner that I buy from the dollar store.

And it works great.
    False
  • RE: Before I plop my rings in this, Efferdent and Polident are made of the same ingredients, right?
    dawn dish soap is gentle and works great!
    False
    thanks, too gramma.

I have jewelry cleaner, but, it doesn't seem to do the job. Maybe it is because the jeweler who redid my engagement ring cleaned them, and I swear, they looked new. I don't know what he does. I hate to go ask him to clean them, though. LOL I have gone to have the diamond check, but, he didn't offer to polish it, and I didn't want to ask. :(

False

catmint

THanks, linda. I have a cup full of rings. LOL Cleaning DH;s band too, even though he can't wear it, because of his RH Arthritis, and work.
    False

catmint

vodka....is the best jewelry cleaner.....clear rum too....

I am sorry I would not use those tablets to clean any jewelry....especially colored stones as most are treated to get that pretty color and harsh cleaners will over time strip the color away...
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Funny I've always cleaned my rings with toothpaste...you get a very nice shine!!
    False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

Shelley, I use gin. Actually any clear liquor works. Soak them, then polish with a soft cloth.
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    I have quite a bit of jewery-some antique, etc. I have used polident for the last 20 years or so at the suggestion of my jeweler..Works great, but only on real white/yellow gold and genuine stones, i.e. diamonds, emeralds, garnets, rubies, etc...Toni
    False
    If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark.
    I have a friend who is a diamond broker and she has the most gorgeous jewelery I've ever seen. She always uses the tablets you mentioned. Just don't leave anything in any solution too long; like over night.
    False

Is there a greater fault than being conscious of the other person's faults?

Kahlil Gibran

Once a month I put my wedding ring and diamond solitaire earings in jewelry cleaner overnight. You know, the red stuff they sell at all jewelry counters. My jewelry stays super clean. I have people comment about them all the time.
    False
    Don't know about jewelry, but those things are great for cleaning toilets.
    False
    I never thought about that, nanapeg, but I'll bet they do a great job. Thanks for the tip!
    False

Is there a greater fault than being conscious of the other person's faults?

Kahlil Gibran

I use ammonia for diamond jewelry like my mother did.
    False

"She was not what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."

Mark Twain

THey turned out pretty good. My engagement ring still has a little yellow in the corners of the mounting, though.
    False

catmint