camouflage afghan? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

camouflage afghan?

Last post Feb 20, 2007 8:31 PM by peachygirl_GA . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • camouflage afghan?
    Has anyone ever made one of these? I know this might sound crazy, but my brother in law and his wife are having a boy in June. They are doing the baby's room in Bass Pro/fishing/hunting theme. My bil LOVES to fish and hunt. I'm thinking a camo baby blanket is in order! LOL! It's not something that I would have wanted for my babies, but it's them.

So, my question is, have you ever made one? I bought some camo yarn yesterday, but I'm not sure what pattern I want to use.
    False
  • RE: camouflage afghan?
    i don't know anything about babies, but if you camouflage them, wouldn't someone step on them, or something?
    False
    Is there possibly a variegated yarn in camo colors? That would be cool if there was.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Nah...they're stinky noisy little things, the parents will either smell 'em or hear 'em before they step on them.

Peachy--I've never made a camoflaged anything...LOL, but I'd think any kind of stitch would do the trick...How about joining some smaller Granny squares together??

False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

Here you a pattern and picture of one.

http://pumamouse.com/crochethalfdoublecamo.html
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    LOL spartacus! That sounds like something my ds would say.

4boys, yes, that is the kind of yarn I bought. It is variegated.
    False
    Thanks, cubbybear. That one looks really nice. But I'm not using any solid color yarn, just the camo. But the pattern looks nice.
    False
    Wish I could make one. I think a camouflage afghan sounds great, I would love one.
    False
    I made a camouflage scarf for my 13yr. old DGD.....I used double crochet & shell border! She loves it!! Try shell for a row or 2; see how it looks to you.
    False
    Kathie A penny saved is a government oversight!
    Poor baby.
    False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

This one looks pretty neat -
    http://www.crochetcabana.com/projects_1.htm

Scroll down and look for Ben's Afghan.
    False
    I've seen blue and pink camo yarns. That, or maybe the black and white with a blue ribbon around it?

My son likes blue and he likes camouflage so I've considered trying to knit him a sweater with the blue. Maybe make DD one in the pink as well. It'd have to be an easy pattern though as it'd be my first shaped project. No telling what they'd turn out like! LOL
    False
    Connie Visit my blog at: Boondock Babble
    Peachy, I've used the army color cameo yarn, the integrated one too! I just did a simple grannysquare aghan. It's really simple, I think it's simple enough to try to explain how here. It would make a great baby blanket as well. I crochet though, is that what you do?
    Let me know, I'll be glad to help you get started, it really easy and fast too!
    False
    whiteflower, you would just have to know them! I wouldn't do my baby room in that, but it fits them! LOL! They lost a baby girl this time last year. She was 8 months along when the baby died. It nearly broke their hearts, especially my bil who has wanted a baby for a very long time. He just loves kids. He has always wanted a little boy, so he is really excited about this baby boy. I can see him picturing them fishing together! It's not normally something I would think of for a baby, but I think it will be cute. I prefer pastel colors. This one is army camo colors. My youngest ds saw it and said "COOL!"

I think I've got a pattern going. I'm trying something new, so after the whole second row turned out funny looking I realized I had forgotten how to make a single crochet! LOL! I had to take out the whole 2nd row.
    False