what does pimento taste like | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

what does pimento taste like

Last post Apr 02, 2007 9:56 PM by Alaska_Prof . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • what does pimento taste like
    I just found a great rice recipe at Allrecipes.com and it calls for a jar of diced pimento. Ive always wanted to try them but would like to know if they are sweet or spicey?
    False
  • RE: what does pimento taste like
    To me their kind of neither...sort a slightly pickled pepper. A bit salty maybe. I don't care for them on their own, but I bet mixed in they'd be okay.
    False
    Like a roasted red pepper. Mild and slightly sweet. I think they are only pickled inside an olive...???
    False
    I agree, kind of like a pepper, a mild one. I don't like them much, even mixed in stuff. I love pimento cheese spread but ironically I don't care much for the pimentos!! LOL
    False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"
    I agree with the others. If you like red peppers, you'll probably like pimientos.
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    pi·mien·to (p-mnt, -mynt) also pi·men·to (-mnt)
    n. pl. pi·mien·tos
    1. A garden pepper (Capsicum annuum) having a mild, ripe, red fruit.
    2. The fruit of this plant, used in cookery, salad, and as stuffing for green olives.
    False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast