Porcupine meatballs.....what do you serve with them? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Porcupine meatballs.....what do you serve with them?

Last post Apr 10, 2007 9:37 PM by nae93_AL_f38 . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Porcupine meatballs.....what do you serve with them?
    I've always cooked potatoes, carrots and onion in the pot with the simmering meatballs, sorta like swiss steak. What all do you have with yours?
    False

• RE: Porcupine meatballs.....what do you serve with them?
    I always make sure there is a lot of sauce and put it over mashed potatoes.
    False
    Baked mashed potatoes and a salad. Mmmmm...haven't had those in a while. Thanks for the idea! ;o)
    False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"
    I haven't cooked porcupine meatballs in ages. Guessing the closest I get would be when I stuff bell peppers with hamburger & rice. That is cook in a tomato sauce mixture...but now I'm wondering why I ever stopped making the meatballs.

??
    False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

boiled potatoes and green beans....yummm have not done those in ages thanks for the Idea!!!!
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-
    I love mashed potatoes
    I also like the sauce over the potatoes and corn on top
    False
     Photobucket
    Tossed salad or green beans. There is already rice in the meatballs, so I wouldn't make an additional starch.
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    but WaC you have to have potatoes to soak up that wonderful sauce*LOL*!!!!
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-
    Jo, just a salad and a very large glass of water. That porcupine meat is soooo tough and chewy that we need a lot of water to wash it down.

:( Sorry. I'm ashamed. Do I look ashamed? I just couldn't resist!

We were driving down the road this morning minding our own business when a porcupine waddled across the road right in front of us. DH wanted to know if we should hit it, use the road kill for "real" porcupine meatballs.
    False
    *groan* @ yoopergramma
    False

I'm glad you asked this Jo because just last night I was reading a cookbook at work and came across a porcupine meatball recipe. I wondered what is served with them. Not sure I'd like tomato sauce on my mashed potatoes so I'm still thinking about this one.
    False
    Oven roasted potatoes, coleslaw and BBQ baked beans.
    False