Does anybody remember the bar of soap called Gentle Touch? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Does anybody remember the bar of soap called Gentle Touch?

Last post Mar 22, 2010 7:11 PM by oopie1975 . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • Does anybody remember the bar of soap called Gentle Touch?
    when I was a teenager I use to use that all the time. I felt like buying it to see if it was as good as I once thought but I havent found it in any store. Do they still sell it in your area?
    False
  • RE: Does anybody remember the bar of soap called Gentle Touch?
    I haven't seen that in years. I don't know if they even still make it. But, I do remember when they sold it. I think I probably used it once or twice until I found out that I couldn't use anything but Dove.
    False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"
    I keep thinking you can get it at Walgreens, but not sure
    I'll check in the morning
    False
     Photobucket
    Yes, Walgreens sell it still

found it on the website

Walgreens Gentle Bar Mild Soap with Bath Oil
    4.5 oz.

$0.31/oz.

IN STOCK! 3/$1.39

False
     Photobucket
    This one was called Gentle Touch. Is Gentle Bar mabye a Walgreens brand?
    False
  • Re: Does anybody remember the bar of soap called Gentle Touch?

Yes I remember that bar of soap so well!  I have been searching and searching for it.  I wish I knew where I could find it.  I got on the internet tonight to specifically search for "Gentle Touch Soap".  It was the best smelling soap I have ever had!  The commercial use to go something like this, "Gentle Touch Soap.  Makes softness sink in.  It has baby oil; for it baby's your skin".  If anyone ever finds that soap, please reply to this email and tell us where we can find it.  And if I ever find it, I will do the same.  I just read where it may be at Walgreens.  Well, I will certainly check there on tomorrow. 

Serious Search

False

I only remember it in hotel rooms.  I used Dove for years until I discovered that shower gel doesn't leave soap scum in the tub.

I remember liking the scent of Gentle Touch, though.

False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more

I logged on tonight and was looking for the Gentle Touch Soap.  Did you ever find it or do you know what brand made it?  I also used it as a teenager and I remember that my whole bathroom smelled like it after my showers.  It was the best soap I have ever smelled.  Please help with any information that you may have.  Supporter of Serious Search. 

False

Did you check the Walgreens site. Not sure if you can order it online, but I bought some there in person recently.

False
     Photobucket

Jergens made it and they said it's no longer in production. I asked if they didn't return the soap could they make a scented lotion but got no response.Was my favorite Sad

False
  • Re: RE: Does anybody remember the bar of soap called Gentle Touch?

I was thinking I have seen it at one of the Dollar Tree stores, maybe not though. I'll have to try to remember to notice.

False

catmint

Catmint_WV_49F
    I was thinking I have seen it at one of the Dollar Tree stores,

I was thinking the same, Catmint.

False

Did you happen to find it at the Dollar Tree store?  The Walgreens brand does not smell much like it ..still in search of GENTLE TOUCH. 

False
    I have been searching for this for years. I even saved an old bar and open up the travel box it's in once in a while just to smell it. I'm definitely going to try the Walgreen's brand. Thanks for the tip.
    False

Got this response from Jergens when I asked if they could bring Gentle Touch Soap or lotion/body wash with its scent back: 

Kao Brands Company, Reference # 001845074A

consumer@kaobrands.com to me
    show details 10:00 AM (10 hours ago)

Hello Charise:

We are always pleased to hear from our consumers and appreciate your input.

Your suggestion to bring back Gentle Touch or a similar Body Wash with that scent has been forwarded to the appropriate department for consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas.

Cordially,

Kao Brands Consumer Relations Dept.
    Ban  Biore  Curel  Jergens  John Frieda

False